Business Intelligence Analyst/Data Scientist Graduate (Full Time) - Australia
Location:St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Graduate Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist
Start Date: from February 2019
Cisco is looking for a graduate to join our world leading analytics team in Sydney. This award winning team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of global services to our 100,000+ workforce. If you are interested in working on leading edge projects, in an amazing working environment, collaborating with the worlds brightest minds, then we would love you to join our team. There will be opportunities for business travel, as this role is part of an extensive global team
What You’ll Do
This role is for a Business Intelligence Analyst, and will focus on the generation of business insights using advanced analytics and data science techniques to gather, analyse, and report on data from our fleet of over 200,000 devices.
As a new graduate, you will provide business insights to our global IT team with these responsibilities:
- Provide insights into operational health and employee experience by developing business intelligence reports sourcing from various systems (e.g. SQL, Hadoop and Oracle database servers).
- Contribute to key business decisions by providing data-driven insights derived from complex data investigations, data mining and statistical modelling.
- Undertake complex data investigations by extracting, cleansing, combining, manipulating and analysing large datasets from multiple sources and presenting analytical findings.
Qualifications related to engineering, data analytics, data science, behavioural economics, IT, computer science or mathematics are desired.
You will be a tenacious problem-solver with a strong attention to detail and revel in translating raw data into meaningful insights. You will have outstanding communication and presentation skills with a good balance of business and technical skills.
You will also pride yourself in being accountable for producing accurate and reliable statistics.
The following skills are required:
- Basic programming knowledge.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate understanding of statistics.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Nice to have:
- Intermediate SQL skills.
- Experience using Python.
- Some experience utilising data science techniques, such as machine learning.
- Experience using data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Splunk, pyplotlib).
- Experience in clearly communicating data analysis findings to a non-technical audience advantageous.
You must hold Australian Permanent Residency or Australian or New Zealand Citizenship.
Why work at Cisco?
As a graduate working at Cisco, a big focus will be placed on developing your professional and technical skills. A personalised training and development plan from our wide range of internal training courses will be developed for you.
You will be connecting with Cisco employees around the world on a daily basis. Overseas travel to US/UK may also present itself as you work with global teams and help staff Cisco IT events, such as and Cisco GSX.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
For more information, visit: