Business Development Specialist (Intern) - Korea
Location:Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
- Use and expand your digital skills by completing a 6 month internship in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Gain insight into how a large, global Digital Experience organization functions.
- Participate in team local and/ or virtual volunteer and social activities throughout your internship.
- Internship assignments will be based on your educational background, skills, aspirations and interests.
Who You’ll Work With
Challenge yourself and find the career path in Digital Marketing that you’re passionate about! Identify business issues and collaborate with Cisco leadership to build a project plan. Partner with an experienced mentor. Collaborate with Cisco Digital Marketing leaders and work in areas such as digital lifecycle, business development and/or operations. Learn the foundations of Digital Experience and use those skills to help jump-start your career.
Who You Are
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Business/International Business or a related area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Korean
- Team oriented, have strong communication skills and influencing skills
- Demonstrated interest in digital marketing – internship, coursework or work experience
- Detail oriented, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, creative thinker and problem solver
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.