Business Development Manager
Alternate Locationany other city in Germany
Area of InterestBusiness Development
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results.
What You’ll Do
As a natural leader, you will work closely with Cisco Account Teams and extended teams in crafting and delivering proposals to meet some of our top customer’s business and IT needs. You will actively develop relationships with our customers, key partners, facilitate client sessions, lead pre-sales efforts for Cisco services ensuring appropriate specialists are engaged, to deliver business growth with trusted expertise and value creation.
Who You'll Work With
Be part of CX, the Customer Experience organisation that is leading multi-discipline Cisco colleagues, transforming how we work with strategic and complex clients to help them achieve their goals with Cisco! You will be building positive relationships internally and externally leading to growth. You will join a team that are focusing on Customer Experience across the entire lifecycle, with this role focusing on services pre-sales, the results and long-term success of Cisco. You will spend a proportion of your time on client site across Germany.
Who You Are
You are an analytical problem solver with a strong technology background, coupled with gravitas and interpersonal skills, compelled to help customers grow. You have the ability to lead diverse teams in multiple pre-sales engagements coordinating activities, driving efficient teamwork and effective governance, producing high quality proposals.
You are deeply organized, yet comfortable in a constantly evolving, dynamic environment. High energy, "roll-up your sleeves" attitude and dedication to success are imperative. You are able to balance multiple priorities across complex projects and convey complex concepts in the simplest of terms. You thrive dynamic in a diverse environment and you can work with a variety of critical priorities converting customer problems into Cisco solutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in pre-sales related functions, consultancy, sales operations, services delivery, project management or services contract renewals.
- Strong client presence and CxO level engagement experience, consulting and/or delivery
- Expertise in Service Design for integrated service solutions
- Solid Project Management skills including planning, reporting, directing/coordinating the work of others
- Work and lead in a multi-functional diverse matrix organisation of experts
- Demonstrable track record /experience in partnering with professional services
- Produce compelling proposals with associated Service Design, levels of effort, quotes and contracting documentation
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with demonstrable skills in writing compelling storylines, both in slide and text formats
- Experience in enterprise networking services
- Sales/solution development/business development role background
- Strong knowledge across a broad variety of technology solutions such as Cloud, Security, IoT, Enterprise Networking, Data Centre, Software, Collaboration, Mobility etc.
- Consistent track record of growth in services engagements
- Experience in Risk Assessment/Management desirable
- Language skills required are German and English.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take a difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.