Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, Bangalore, India
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) Services team is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) / pre-sales consultant to help grow its Professional Services business in APJC.
You will spend majority of the time supporting existing pipeline of opportunities / deals working in full sync with CX EMEAR Theatres and Sales organization.
You will possess the knowledge about Cisco's Professional Services which you will leverage to design, price and propose services solutions based on Customer / sales requirements.
You will also provide relevant reporting based on the opportunities being worked on.
You will provide additional pre-sales support to your BDM peers located in other EMEAR Countries.
Activities to be performed will include:
- Discuss and document business and technical requirements of the customer
- Advise on solutions based on Cisco's solutions portfolio or suggest custom solutions where applicable
- Create and deliver compelling proposals with associated Service Design, levels of effort, quotes and contracting documentation
- Assess delivery and commercial risks
- Present and defend prepared solutions in front of Delivery, Sales and Customer
- Help driving the presented solutions to a successful booking
- Facilitate smooth transition to Delivery teams once deals achieve booking stage
- Post Covid-19 travel restrictions, this role may require 0 - 15% of business travel.
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of CX, the Customer Experience organisation. You will engage with external customers and wide range of internal stakeholders including Sales, Delivery, technology experts, Legal, Finance and various others. You will join the collocated Central BDM team based in major Cisco locations focusing on Customer Experience across the entire lifecycle, focused on pre-sales activities.
Who You Are
You are deeply organized and comfortable in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment. High energy, "roll-up your sleeves" attitude and dedication to success are imperative. You are able to handle multiple priorities across complex projects and convey complex concepts in the simplest of terms. You can articulate solutions value to our Customers.
Skills and experience:
- 10+ years of overall work experience including 5 + years in pre-sales related functions, consultancy, sales operations, services delivery, project management or services contract renewals.
- Ability to produce Service Design, Quotes and contracting documentation
- Overall IT market understanding and further willingness to obtain the required knowledge across a broad variety of technology solutions such as Cloud, Security, IoT, Collaboration, Mobility, Enterprise Networking, Data Centre, Software etc.
- A strong desire to continuously improve your knowledge, skills, and technology specialization.
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with demonstrable skills in writing compelling storylines, both in slide and text formats
- Desirable language skills in German or French
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.