Business Development Manager
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Who You will work with:
We are looking for a dynamic team player who is interested in making a difference in the world! Cisco Networking Academy, an IT skills and career building program, develops the entry-level talent needed to power the digital economy. Cisco partners with learning institutions worldwide to deliver technical training and problem-solving experiences to individuals studying networking, security, and IoT technologies. We've helped more than 15 million people prepare for IT careers since 1997.
What you’ll do
You will manage the growth, implementation and maintenance of the Cisco Networking Academy Program in Japan. Over the past 20 years Cisco has supported the training of of over 83,000 students through 80 partnerships with Higher Educational Institutions, Vocational schools, Public Sector agencies and the non-profit sector across Japan. You will
· Understand the Japan education market and develop program strategy in conjunction with the corporate, regional and local teams.
· Manage the implementation of curriculum and other programs to ensure full Academy engagement in line with country strategy.
· New business development, seeking opportunities within education and non-profit organisations for NetAcad engagement
· Support Academy community within country/region providing advice and guidance on program implementation and on-going management.
· Ensure that all Academies are meeting program requirements in terms of student & graduate numbers, support; Quality Assurance and cost-recovery guidelines to ensure high quality execution in all levels and areas of program.
· Develop relationships with Government and other organisations needed to ensure the program gains the necessary recognition and support to be sustainable long term
· Support Academy community with the successful implementation of regular conferences, re-tooling events, workforce development events, skills competitions and other activities that support Academy motivation and sustainability.
· Act as spokesperson in seminars, exhibitions, PR and other marketing events to promote Cisco education programs.
· Work with marketing & PR teams to promote the Academy program and Cisco brand in specified country/region
· Work with In-country/region Cisco teams to align the program with relevant initiatives and programs
Who you are
· Bachelor degree and 5 years minimum relevant working experience.
· Good knowledge of the public and private education market processes and procedures within Japan.
· Must be able to speak to education clients on both semi-technical and administrative policy level.
· Demonstrate past experience in managing multiple stakeholders to create win-win outcomes.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco