Business Development Manager
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestService Provider
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired!
What You'll Do
Cisco is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive and address market opportunities with a proven track record of optimally driving the strategy, operation strategy, process consulting, high level architecture of sales in the market.
The BDM will bring expertise in leading and delivering sales growth in the Service
Provider market segment. You will possess deep knowledge and subject matter expertise in this area and will provide instant credibility - both internally and externally.
You will help transform customers' new business and technology architectures, and will be responsible for leading Cisco's drive into the marketplace, providing creative sales leadership and driving the expansion of the client base.
You will collaborate across global teams, and program manage complex, global initiatives. You are a problem solver with experience in risk and issue management, escalation, and resolution. You provide constructive coaching and feedback to all levels within the team as vital
You will have a variety of objectives and responsibilities to develop Cisco's Vertical Go To Market capabilities, including the following:
- Lead service business proposals, especially for professional service and managed service, which needs cross architecture solutioning, detailed scoping, service level definition, and coordination with delivery members. Lead commercial scheme building, including quoting and SOW building with defined service scope and service level
- Build customer’s executive level relationships, jointly with the account team, understand the business priorities, and position the best Cisco service solutions to solve business challenges
- With holistic understanding of service providers system architecture, work with cross-functional groups (sales, product management, delivery, operations, marketing) to develop service strategy, lead opportunity creation, and support presales activities for service provider customer
- Actively engage global BDM community, to share standard methodologies and customer case study.
Who You Are
- You have more than 12 years of experience in business development/strategy/consulting, with an understanding of sales, with at least 5 solid years in the technology industry
- You are skilled at building presentation materials, proposals, case studies as well as at presenting towards external clients
- You are proficient in Service Provider, Data Center, Security and IT architecture (service providers platforms, networking, mobility, programmability, automation, virtualization, security, computing, endpoints, cloud services)
- You are an active learner, and a fantastic communicator
- You have strong performance as an individual contributor and are able to make a positive impact in a team environment
- You are ideally tuned in with Cisco’s product offering
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.