Business Development Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What You'll Do As a Business Development Manager for the Sales Acceleration Team within Cisco’s Global Virtual Sales Specialist (GVSS) organization, you will act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership as an expert in sales process and engagement across the end to end sales motion within GVSS for your assigned architecture and operationalizing our strategic priorities.
We are experts in sales engagement. Sales engagement is the practice in which we engage and interact with potential buyers to create that connection, grab attention and generate ongoing interest that leads to a buying opportunity. We accomplish this by developing a globally consistent and insight driven sales process on how we respond to demand but also on how we follow up with our customers across the sales motion - advancing the sale, all while leveraging sales engagement technology!
The connected journey is the alignment of the sales motion and messaging across marketing and sales to ensure a connected experience for our customers. We enable this by aligning with Marketing on demand planning and with Sales on the optimized sales motion.
We lead the effort for our teams to align to sales plays, sprints and campaigns with specific targeted activities and sales messaging for our sellers to drive pipeline.
Finally, we will tie this together via a defined sales motion that aligns to our sales methodology and sales process via GTM playbooks.
What You’ll Do
· Be an industry expert on sales process and sales engagement; constantly learning, researching and participating in industry events and communities.
· Applying your expertise as a trusted advisor to the GVSS Sales Director and VDC Global Architecture lead on sales process and engagement.
· Developing and managing outcome-based sales plays, campaigns and sprints with targeted activities to drive pipeline and market share across GVSS.
· Align to joint marketing and sales demand planning team to optimize the connected customer experience by bringing together the sales and marketing journey with complimentary sales messaging. Including; maintaining sequence framework and messaging aligned to integrated demand program dashboard, identifying sales content and messaging needs with sales leaders and coordinate messaging creation and delivery with content agency including last mile integration (to specialty playbooks and sales engagement platform).
· Cross-functional alignment with BU, Customer Solutions Marketing, GVE, etc. to integrate use cases, new offers, promotions and demos to our sales process as well as advocate for optimization and innovation needed to advance the sale within our focused segment and personas.
· Develop, maintain and govern specialty playbook.
· Provide Sales Director and LDR architecture leader with monthly and quarterly insight & metrics on sequence/messaging performance within sales engagement platform.
· Launch & oversee innovative pilot initiatives to invent new ways of doing business across GVSS.
· Lead and/or partner on various Global Sales Acceleration team initiatives across business.
Who You'll Work With
The Global Virtual Sales and Engineering organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and is the talent engine for Cisco Sales with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth. We serve our customers through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions to drive relevant business outcomes. We are a global, dynamic team that brings excitement to the sales environment every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt to respond to market changes and are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
· The ideal candidate is passionate, energetic, flexible and highly organized, with the ability to quickly grasp business needs and issues.
· This role requires a self-motivated, self-starter, creative, results-oriented team-player, who is comfortable working and delivering results autonomously.
· You have 5+ years of sales experience as a seller, in sales development/engagement or as a Sales BDM.
· Knowledge (and passion!) for innovative, modern, digital selling processes, and go-to-market
· You have a strong ability to develop and operationalize strategy both in-person and virtually, across a diverse global audience base including executive level
· You have stellar communication skills; presentation, written, verbal, listening, and influencing
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and deliver quality results in a time-sensitive environment
· Positive, fun and collaborative approach to doing business
We Are Cisco #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.