Business Development Manager
Location:Seoul, Seoul-Teukbyeolsi, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a critical role in assuring Cisco's Services business offers are aligned with customer needs, fulfil their requirements, and favourably impact Cisco's financial performance.
The Korea BDM engages and assists in the development of complex Services solutions across the Cisco product line that requires customized elements of the Services Portfolio to create effective End to End solutions. This role also has a specialty focus on Data Center and Cloud.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales Agents (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS) and Cisco Services experts across the Cisco Professional Services organisation to develop business deals which are designed for customer success and are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Data Center and Cloud Services business development function and focus primarily on deals of high complexity, with a focus on the development Professional Services opportunities
- Responsible for the development and support of sales offers which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco's revenue and margin performance.
- The BDM works with customers and partners to capture requirements for project based solution rollouts and translate these requirements for development of Scope of Works (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables.
- The BDM supports the Scope of Work (SOW) drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning.
- Applies extensive knowledge of Cisco horizontal or cross-architectural solutions to develop effective and competitive offers that result in booked business.
- Leverages multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco's financial performance.
- Develop the Data Center and Cloud Services GTM strategy jointly with the Product Sales Specialist, Cisco Professional Services and Global Data Center and Cloud Teams, including interlock sales opportunities review.
- Continually gather service requirements and submit findings to Cisco Services Marketing and LOBs to drive product and service portfolio development
- Develops and maintains relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise
- Lead and enable Regional Business Development Managers to identify and address Data Center and Cloud opportunities and in particular their ability to perform scoping.
- Evangelise Data Center and Cloud Services across the company and specifically among product sellers and account teams.
- Engage with customers alongside Account Managers and product teams at the C- Level to position Cisco solutions, identify business outcomes, and design engagement scopes to deliver results against those designed outcomes.
Who You'll Work With
- Undertake ongoing field & market enablement on Data Center and Cloud Professional Services offers and solutions, develop customer mindset and work you relevant stakeholders to seed & develop new opportunities
- You'll provide frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements. You'll articulate the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services' skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities.
- As a BDM, you'll work closely to validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assisting in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations.
Who You Are
You would have acquired:
- BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years in Technical Sales/Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience in either large Enterprise, Government and/or Service Provider.
- Experience in Data Center and Cloud related product and services sales.
- Strong experience in Data Center / Cloud, and broader knowledge across Security, Enterprise Networking and Data Centre Networking/SDN. This includes Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud architectures and solutions, networking, security, plus orchestration and automation.
- Understanding of the Data Center / Cloud marketplace including competitive offerings; key large Enterprise and Service Provider customer drivers, use-cases, challenges and risks.
- Understanding of new and emerging development operating models such as Agile development & CI/CD, Dev/Ops, Microservices, Containers, and 'Cloud Native' infrastructures in the context of Data Center and Cloud.
- Expert in consultative/solution selling and professional services.
- Combination of broad experience in Software or consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix type organizational environment.
- High-energy, self-starter with progressive track record. High sense of ownership & be problem solver on assignment given - willing to go extra mile when needed to make things done.
- High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
- Strong analytical capability, able to convince key stake holders regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things on customer business understanding.
- Some experience in Strategic Business Planning, Sales Operations, Finance, Deals Evaluations, project management, and process management areas.
- Ability to employ negotiation skills both internally and externally with customers and partners to obtain agreement regarding service solution scopes and pricing
- Ability to define, price, and justify outcomes-based solutions.
- Possess extensive skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, effective presentation, and active listening.
- Experienced in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities are leveraged in solution development, deployment, and management will be added advantage.
- Financial Acumen - Experience in finance and P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations.
- Ability to travel through the ASEAN region and to USA 20% of the time.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.