Business Development Manager
Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestSales - Product
What You Will Do
We need a self-starter to focus on the National System Integrators to identify and build new commercial/business services based on Cisco offerings that they can take to market to their end-customers.
Join Cisco as we build a strong partner community, our #1 route to market. The primary responsibility of the Partner Account Manager is to work with Cisco's Partners to grow a profitable business focused on Cisco Solutions. You will work with their assigned Partners to develop plans that bring incremental revenue to Cisco and to his/her Partners in strategic focus areas.You build awareness of the competitive landscape and educate our Partners on strategies to position their Cisco based solutions for success against emerging competitors. You should be "phenomenal teammates" with strong communication skills who can work cross-functionally within Cisco to develop ideas, share standard methodologies and execute business plans.
You will also be someone who is comfortable reviewing a high level business case with the director of product management for 60 minutes, then move into a coffee meeting with leaders of network strategy and operations to pitch our latest SD WAN capabilities.
Although you won’t be taking P.O.s yourself, you will act as the quarterback with the Cisco business units and account teams to move an opportunity from idea to a sale with the customer.
Some additional details on typical activities are to:
- Drive a specific focus with key India Systems Integrators to ensure a Cisco preference as they build out their Cloud offerings and solutions including partner development & enablement, as well as anticipate new types of partners required to build future pipeline.
- Develop trusted relationships inside the System Integrators so they share their priorities with Cisco in an open fashion.
- Identify and execute on the sales and account strategy needed to embed Cisco products and solutions in the System Integrators services, and win the business for Cisco.
- Engage in customer discussions around new ideas and trends in business/commercial services that they could consider to grow their business.
- Support the ongoing evolution of the customer’s services by proactively working business cases and setting up and facilitating roadmap reviews
- Work closely and collaboratively with Cisco Partner Business Managers to help support go-to-market initiatives and drive demand for the System Integrators Cisco-based solutions.
- Provide input into the market and technical requirements to the WW Business Entities/Units on the needs of the Indonesia market.
- You stay up to date on the OpenDNS product line, buyer personas, market trends, and competitors.
Who You'll Work With
The team is located across Canada close to the System Integrators that we work with, and is a talented group of self-starters who get up every single day looking for new ways to position Cisco and help our Partners deliver better services to the market. Often referred to as “service creation”, the team of strategic account managers actively positions a wide range of Cisco products to System Integrators to help them grow their revenues to business customers.
We have a blend of sales, engineering, product management, and partner management backgrounds, and if we don’t know the answer to the customer’s question, we will not hesitate to reach into other teams in Cisco to find the path forward.
On a daily basis, you will work with the account teams covering the System Integrators, the Canadian Partner organization, product managers in the business units, as well as the global service creation team. We collaborate across these teams in order to leverage the skill sets and expertise needed to be successful.
Who You Are
You are someone with 10+ years experience, and have worked with service providers in sales, engineering, business development, or partner facing roles.
You should be comfortable with the full range of Cisco’s enterprise and commercial solutions, and have a good idea on how they can be deployed by System Integrators to offer managed or cloud services. Strong familiarity and comfort with the ISR routing, Hyperconverged DC, security, collaboration, and Meraki portfolios is most important. As well as knowledge of cloud provider solutions; Microsoft, Google and AWS.
You understand the process through which Partners budget for new projects and services, and you will have the perseverance to stay with a project as it goes through the 6-18 month ideation, build and launch phase.
You will have a detailed understanding of large System Integrators and the associated technology and solutions they used to deliver managed commercial services.
You must be a constant learner, willing to research a new product/solution and prepare the initial presentations/pitches on your own. Getting asked technical questions and digging in to find answers is something that doesn’t turn you off.
You can lead several large initiatives in parallel, and you know how to navigate the complexity of working into Cisco’s business units to advocate for your customer. You also know how to collaborate with account teams and engineers to move the ball forward and close a sale together.
And lastly, you have the vision and work towards work our new ideas into the System Integrators for as long as it takes to win the business!
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.