Business Development Manager
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a critical role in assuring Cisco's Services business offers are correctly aligned with customer needs, fulfill their requirements, and favorably impact Cisco's financial performance.
The BDM engages and assists in the development of basic to more complex Software Services deals which requires customized elements of the Services Portfolio to create effective End to End solutions.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales Agents (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS; Unified Sellers) and Cisco Services experts (IDT, Practice Team) to develop business deals which are designed for customer success and are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco. In addition, the BDM collaborates with CEMs, COMs, SIAs and SDEs within the Client Relationship Team to integrate the best knowledge of customer capabilities and value realization.
In this role, you will:
* Scope is program and/or project-oriented and focuses primarily on deals of moderate to high complexity which can potentially include the entire portfolio if Cisco services, including AS, TS, CMS and other Cisco services offerings.
* Actions directly impact the timely booking of attractive business deals.
* Responsible for the development and support of sales offers which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco's revenue and margin performance.
* The BDM works with customers and partners to capture requirements for project based solution rollouts and translate these requirements into a Statement of Work (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables.
* The BDM also works with and direct GDC teams with regard to internal processes, Statement of Work (SOW) drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning. Including effectively running remote back office teams as virtual support teams on deals.
* BDM role addresses assigned qualified deal projects or programs for the Services Theater customer set. Individual expertise may be leveraged in other complex sales opportunities across Cisco.
* Applies extensive knowledge of Cisco horizontal, or cross-architectural, solutions to develop effective and competitive offers that result in booked business.
* Leverages multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco's financial performance.
* Creates delivery cohesion by integrating selected service offer elements from Cisco's multiple services organizations.
* Drive knowledge management regarding best practices (knowledge on how to sell and approach complex solutions) on given topics for internal and external use.
* Ensure continuous upgrade of subject matter expertise and actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solution Team(s).
* Develop the GTM strategy jointly with the PSS, IDT and Global BDM team, including interlock sales opportunities review.
* Continually gather service requirements and submit findings to Cisco Services Marketing and LOBs to drive product and service portfolio development
* Provides guidance as a Cisco Services SME to less senior BDMs in the development of new business offers and deal support.
* Develops and maintains relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise
Who You'll Work With
You'll provide frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements. You'll articulate the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services' skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities.
As a BDM, you'll work closely to validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assisting in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations.
Internally, you'll partners closely with IDT, GPS, Global BDM and Service Practices organizations to apply the capabilities of Cisco and partner organizations to specific customer requirements.
Who You Are
You would have acquired:
* BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
* 10+ years in Technical Sales/Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience in Services Provider segment.
* Experience in Software sales, Customized project sales, OSS and MANO
* Experience in Java, Python, Yang Modeling,.. will be added advantage.
* Expert in consultative/solution selling and professional services.
* Combination of broad experience in Software or consulting.
* Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix type organizational environment.
* High-energy, self-starter with progressive track record. High sense of ownership & be problem solver on assignment given - willing to go extra mile when needed to make things done.
* High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
* Strong analytical capability, able to convince key stake holders regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things on customer business understanding.
* Some experience in Strategic Business Planning, Sales Operations, Finance, Deals Evaluations, project management, and process management areas.
* Ability to employ negotiation skills both internally and externally with customers and partners to obtain agreement regarding service solution scopes and pricing
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of the application of the Cisco Services Portfolio in creating effective customer offers in to complex deal constructs.
* SME on evaluating and applying Cisco Services Capabilities (direct and/or through Partners) to fully align to customer opportunities and expectations.
* Ability to define, price, and justify outcomes-based solutions.
* Possess extensive skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, effective presentation, and active listening.
* Experienced in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities are leveraged in solution development, deployment, and management.
* Advanced knowledge of the various tools and deal creation/booking processes.
* Financial Acumen - Experienced in finance and P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.