Business Development Manager - Switzerland
Alternate LocationRolle, Switzerland
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' ground-breaking ideas impact everything imaginable. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digitization journey.
What You’ll Do
As a natural leader, you will work closely with Cisco Account Teams and extended teams in developing and delivering proposals to meet some of our top customer’s business and IT needs. You will actively develop relationships with our customers, key partners, facilitate client sessions, lead pre-sales efforts ensuring appropriate experts are engaged, to deliver business growth with trusted expertise and value creation.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of CX, the Customer Experience organization that is leading multi-discipline Cisco colleagues transforming how we work with strategic and complex clients to help them achieve their goals with Cisco. You will be building positive relationships internally and externally leading to growth. You will join a team that are focusing on Customer Experience across the entire lifecycle, with this role focusing on pre-sales, the results and long-term success of Cisco.
Who You Are
You are an analytical problem solver with a strong technology background, coupled with business acumen and inter-personal skills, compelled to help customers grow. You have the ability to lead diverse teams in multiple pre-sales engagements coordinating activities, driving efficient collaboration and effective governance, producing high quality proposals.
You are deeply organized, yet comfortable in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment. High energy, "roll-up your sleeves" attitude and dedication to success are imperative. You are able to handle multiple priorities across complex projects and convey complex concepts in the simplest of terms. You thrive dynamic in a diverse environment and you can work with a variety of critical priorities converting customer problems into Cisco delivery.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong client presence and CxO level engagement experience, consulting and/or delivery
- Analysis and problem solving with focus on aligning solutions to strategic imperatives
- Proven experience in Service Design for integrated service solutions
- Experience in Risk Assessment/Management desirable
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with demonstrable skills in writing compelling storylines, both in slide and text formats
- Demonstrable strong Project Management skills including planning, reporting, directing/coordinating the work of others
- Ability to handle multi-tasking environment and to meet tight deadlines
- Work and lead in a multi-functional diverse matrix organization of experts
- Consistent record/experience in partnering/subcontracting professional services
- Produce compelling proposals with associated Service Design, levels of effort, quotes and contracting documentation
- A strong desire to continuously improve your knowledge, skills, and abilities; approaches, methodologies, technology specialization
- 10+ years’ experience delivering enterprise networking services
- 5+ years in sales/solution development/business development role
- Strong knowledge across a broad range of technology solutions such as Cloud, Security, IoT, Collaboration, Mobility, Enterprise Networking, Data Centre, Software etc.
- Consistent record of growth in services engagements.
- You have Strong communication skills, both written & spoken, in French or German and English
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!