Business Development Manager - Service Provider
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What you'll do
Lead the creation and presentation of customer facing proposals involving Cisco Advanced Services. Your time will primarily be spent engaging with our Americas Service Provider customers to understand their business challenges, translating those challenges into defined Cisco capabilities, and presenting how the resulting services will drive their technology and business outcomes, moving the metrics our customers care most about.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive strategy for advanced services growth across the Americas Service Provider customer segment with your peers
- Scan our segment and market to identify challenges and use analytics to advance and refine strategies to increase penetration of existing Services
- Lead Services plays to drive incremental bookings and technology adoption
- Build, edit and review proposals and statements of work where services are included as part of larger multi-architecture groundbreaking deal structures
- Drive services pipeline within the Americas Service Provider segment
- Apply a set of transformational service offerings that address the strategic shifts that are happening within the Service Provider and Web market
- Engage in consultative discussions with key customers to better understand their architectural journeys and how services can support the acceleration of those journeys
Who you'll work with
The Americas Service Provider segment is made up of our largest and most sophisticated service provider customers in the world including Communications Service Providers and Web providers. You’ll be responsible for working with customers across LATAM, the US, and Canada. You’ll also work to address the needs of smaller Service Providers including emerging Web companies. In addition to the high touch customer engagements, the Business Development manager will be an integral part of the Customer Experience team which includes Customer Success, Customer Delivery and Renewals.
Who you are
- You are an independent self-starter with excellent verbal and written skills
- You have a proven track record of developing and winning multi-architecture solutions contracts and a desire to grow your knowledge of Cisco’s Advanced Services portfolio.
- You bring a breadth of technical, architectural knowledge within the Service Provider and Web Industry, enabling you to propose transformational service offerings.
- You are able to handle complex, global initiatives and drive growth across teams.
- You provide constructive coaching and feedback to all levels within a team.
- You are capable of balancing multiple priorities across simultaneous projects.
- You will lead customer conversations to tackle complex issues of diverse multi-vendor scope where analysis requires an understanding of our customers current business trends and challenges.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Prior experience in multi architecture design and prioritization
- Knowledge across a broad range of Cisco technologies such as service provider networking, multi-cloud, datacenter, automation cybersecurity, and collaboration
- Prior role as a Solution Development/Business Development Manager, Delivery Consultant or equivalent.
- Proven track record of pursuing and leading services engagements > $1M
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS required
- Ability to travel (target of 25%)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.