Business Development Manager - Service Provider Architectures
Location:Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Additional Location(s)Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestProfessional Services
GLOBAL CX BDM
The Business Development Manager is a critical role in assuring Cisco’s Customer Experience business offers are correctly aligned with customer needs, fulfill their requirements, and favorably impact Cisco’s financial performance.
The BDM engages and assists in the development of basic to more complex deals which require customized elements of the Services Portfolio to create effective solutions.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales Agents (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS; Unified Sellers) and Cisco Services experts (Architecture, innovation Team) to develop business deals which are designed for customer success and are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco. In addition, the BDM collaborates with Project Managers (PM), Customer Operations Managers (COM), Solution Integration Architects (SIA) and Service Delivery Executives (SDE) within the Client Relationship Team to integrate the best knowledge of customer capabilities and value realization.
The BDM activities include building the right services solution & supporting technical proposal, analyzing/ constructing complex Sales proposals and creating support documents and collateral needed to effectively close business deals.
The BDM orchestrates the delivery of required support elements to build the proposal from all internal & partner organizations (GPS, GCS, CX Centers, PMO) and personnel outside of the Cisco Services Theater.
The successful BDM establishes extensive working knowledge and capability in crafting business offers which both satisfy customer expectations and requirements while proving Cisco with financially attractive deals.
This position reports directly to the Country Leader of CX Business Development Team.
At the professional level, the BDM is expected to work independently or at the direction of a senior BDM. The BDM develops and executes deliverables in collaboration with Sales, Services team leaders/ members within the Theater Services organization and with support for other Cisco services resource teams and external partner organizations.
Role and Responsibility
· Scope is program and/or project-oriented and focuses primarily on deals of moderate to high complexity which can potentially include the entire portfolio of Cisco services, including Professional Services (PS), Support Services (SS), Cloud & Managed Services (CMS) and other Cisco services offerings.
· Actions directly impact the timely booking of attractive business deals.
· Responsible for the development and support of sales offers which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco’s revenue and margin performance.
· The BDM works with customers and partners to capture requirements for project based solution rollouts and translate these requirements into a Statement of Work (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables.
· The BDM also works with and direct CX Centre teams with regard to internal processes, Statement of Work (SOW) drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning. Including effectively running remote back office teams as virtual support teams on deals.
· BDM role addresses assigned qualified deal projects or programs for the Services Theater customer set. Individual expertise may be leveraged in other complex sales opportunities across Cisco.
· Applies extensive knowledge of Cisco horizontal, or cross-architectural, solutions to develop effective and competitive offers that result in booked business.
· Leverages multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco’s financial performance.
· Creates delivery cohesion by integrating selected service offer elements from Cisco’s multiple services organizations.
· Drive knowledge management regarding best practices (knowledge on how to sell and approach complex solutions) on given topics for internal and external use.
· Ensure continuous upgrade of subject matter expertise and actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solution Team(s).
· Continually gather service requirements and submit findings to Cisco Services Marketing and LOBs to drive product and service portfolio development
· Provides guidance as a Cisco Services SME to less senior BDMs in the development of new business offers and deal support.
· Develops and maintains relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise
Provides frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements.
Articulates the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services’ skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities.
Services brand ambassador who proactively engages with customer, understands their business plans, technology adoption plan and highlights how to make the adoption successful by bringing in the right service offerings at an opportune moment thereby building a brand of the trusted advisor
Strong technologist who can map the business needs to technology architecture and can peer with the customer CTO, Engineering & operations team leaders
Validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assists in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations.
Partners closely with Technology & Transformation Teams (T&T), GPS and Service Practices organizations to apply the capabilities of Cisco and partner organizations to specific customer requirements.
Supervision given and received
Provides direction to and coordinates efforts of services support resources in creating effective elements of the deal negotiation package and required business documentation.
Provides direction and guidance to more junior SVAs or BDMs in deal development and support projects or programs.
Manages deal development and support projects/ programs as assigned by the BD Team leader or Senior BDM
· BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
· 15+ years in Technical Sales/Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience in Services Provider segment.
· Expert in consultative/solution selling and professional services with industry certifications (eTOM, ITIL, TOGAF etc)
· Combination of broad experience in IT technology or consulting with a focus on deep technology expertise on Service Provider technologies. Industry certifications preferred (CCIE or equivalent)
· Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix type organizational environment.
· High-energy, self-starter with progressive track record.High sense of ownership & be problem solver on assignment given – willing to go extra mile when needed to make things done.
· High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
· Strong analytical capability, able to convince key stake holders regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things on customer business understanding.
· Good experience in Strategic Business Planning, Sales Operations, Finance, Deals Evaluations, project management, and process management areas.
· Ability to employ negotiation skills both internally and externally with customers and partners to obtain agreement regarding service solution scopes and pricing
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of the application of the Cisco Services Portfolio in creating effective customer offers in to complex deal constructs.
· SME on evaluating and applying Cisco Services Capabilities (direct and/or through Partners) to fully align to customer opportunities and expectations.
· Ability to define, price, and justify outcomes-based solutions.
· Possess extensive skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, conflict resolution, effective presentation, and active listening.
· Experienced in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities are leveraged in solution development, deployment, and management.
· Advanced knowledge of the various tools and deal creation/booking processes.
· Financial Acumen – Experienced in finance and P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations.