Business Development Manager, HK
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Cisco is one of the most innovative companies in the information technology industry. We hire highly hardworking individuals who will continue Cisco’s global leadership, helping customers achieve their business outcomes. This position is part of our Global & Strategic Partner Organization, working with Cisco’s Ecosystem partners to create and deliver innovative solutions, whole offers and innovative GTM engagement models that deliver significant business value for clients, and increased revenue for Cisco. In doing so, our partners and Cisco create and sustain new and profitable growth engines by aligning and applying an architectural and vertical market sales approach.
Who You'll work With:
As our Sales Business Development Manager you will identify and evaluate new markets and suggest creative approaches to drive new and incremental revenue streams for Cisco and its Strategic Partners. A forward-looking view, the you will determine potential evolution strategies for the business. You are self-motivated and bring the business analytics and a financial outlook necessary to drive sound decisions about future direction. You will work directly with key customers and account teams to assist with the identification, design and implementation of business solutions. The focus is on customer business using Cisco’s architectures to create competitive differentiation for the end customer, delivered by a Strategic Partner relationship. We are seeking individuals that have a demonstrated ability to see the customer side of the business technology solution and lead business-centric transformation. You will be responsible for creating the joint vision and global strategy/frameworks and associated activities to build and optimize joint GTM for accelerated time to revenues.
What You'll Do:
- You have demonstrated experience in Sales Channel Business Development with technical acumen.
- Work globally with GEO partners to define and drive partner acceleration standard methodologies.
- Build relationships with key sales & channel members within the global sales organizations.
- Work with GEOs and channel partners to deliver world-class content like workshops, enablement and communicate the value of our portfolio.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architecture & Engineering team to build amplification and acceleration plans, work closely with channel GTM teams to execute the plan.
Who You Are:
- You bring a minimum of a BA degree or equivalent and 5+ year’s partner account management experience in a fast-growth, high technology business.
- Your experienced with the partner community and competitive landscape within technology/architecture is a plus.
- You bring in-depth knowledge and mastery of key elements of the selling process (i.e., strategic account planning, extended resource engagement, sales cycle, Cisco business Partners, etc.).
- You possess the ability to execute at multiple levels within Cisco including Sales, Delivery Management, and Practice Leadership.
- Positive relationship building and relationship management is required
- Comfortable working in a matrix sales organization
- You possess 5-8 years’ experience with Data Center sales and Business Development.
- Your experience in focused on sales channel or direct sales. Sales Development, Account Management, Partner Management or Sales Engineering capacity.
- Outstanding presentation skills required to sell the value of Cisco Technology, in field of Networking and Security.
- Experience selling in technology and networking industry and knowledge of DNA and Cisco Security portfolio is preferred
- You are able to demonstrate skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
You bring Technical proficiency to work across the wide range of technologies, products and markets covered by Cisco's Data Center Portfolio like Hybrid Cloud, Multi-cloud, Converged Infrastructure, Cloud-Center, ACI, DevOps.
- Understanding of Security portfolio and its application to Data Center would be a plus.
- Strong track record that includes demonstrable career progression and a focus on the high-tech industry
- Experiences of how network and cloud interact, future role of Cloud evolution, etc.
- Demonstrable experience selling complex technical solutions to executive management
- You ability to network within a client organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers is second to none
- You bring strong decision-making and exceptional interpersonal skills
- You provide excellent business judgment & uncompromising integrity
- You have an uncanny ability to work through uncertainty and work with minimum supervision
- You have a passion for Security business and a natural drive for success
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.