Business Development Manager - Business Operations and Processes
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in US, EMEAR, APJC
Area of InterestBusiness Development
SB Operations and Processes BDM, Grade 10 (PLIF)
Hiring Manager: Antonia Dilcheva
Organization: Global Small Business Segment Strategy & Planning, GMSI
About the Team
You will be joining the Global Small Business Segment team reporting to the Strategy & Planning Lead. Our mission is to grow Cisco’s capture of opportunities with Small Businesses, by creating new GTMs, re-imagining our sales operations and sales coverage, adapting our portfolio and offerings and expanding our RTMs - Extraordinary Together. Our guiding principles are simplicity & innovation in everything we do.
About the Role
You will be primarily responsible for simplification and standardization of Small Segment Sales operations with focus on improvement of business policies, systems, processes and tools.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:·
- Identify gaps & define improvements in our business processes, as well as develop recommendations for new business processes and adaption of business tools in support of Small Business sales motions and engagements with both Cisco Sellers and Partners
- Engage with global IT/Systems team to assess and improve digital seller tools (CLaiR, SFDC, CCW, etc) to ensure UI is Small Business ‘friendly’
- Developing actionable insights from sales operations reports & analysis to help inform the business and be used in various business reviews
- Identify operational efficiency requirements and engage function teams (Ops, IT, etc) to improve business policies, systems and tools
- process improvements
- operations; conduct sales planning and provide advisory services to help drive sales productivity in support of growth.
Who You Are
In order to be successful in this role, you would have experience in owning regional or global projects or programs, including leading planning, driving requirement gathering, change management and adoption, and an ability to identify business improvements & enhancements.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Excellent written, verbal communication, listening and presentation skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business and financial acumen and analytics background
- Solve a range of problems and explain logic or decisions to others
- Understand Cisco business model – know how Cisco sells, Cisco product portfolio and Go-To-Market strategies
- Operations professional that has a background of working with NYR, Goaling, Compensation, Tools & Systems (e.g. SFDC & CCW) desired
- Self-starter who is able to operate against strict deadlines
- Change Management and program communication experience
- Experience driving implementation and adoption of new processes/tools, particularly within Sales
- Ability to predict risk areas and create mitigation/contingency strategies based on past experience
- Desire to drive and utilise best-practices.
- Understand the end-to-end processes required to deliver and execute on complex change
- Demonstrates a client-service, action-oriented mentality
- Comfortable interpreting data to translate and present as business insights
- Team orientated – collaborating across functional, hierarchical and geographic boundaries is critical to success in this role
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 6+ years’ experience in Sales & Operations Management in the IT industry
- Excellent planning skills and time management
- A positive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured sales environment and strong sense of urgency
- Highly collaborative a must; outstanding team player and provides support to remote teams.
- Demonstrated high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Familiarity with Cisco’s products, architectures and services offerings and experience in the IT industry
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!