Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
Cisco Operations team is looking for a Business Architect / Product Owner who is capable of process design, business requirements capturing & development of solutions to enable Cisco’s Digital Transformation journey. In this role, you will lead multiple programs and collaborate with cross functional teams to design business processes & architect Global Enterprise level solutions. You will translate business requirements into capabilities that IT can deliver via enterprise level applications. You will accelerate the execution of the strategy and projects that are aligned to Product & Offer Life Cycle. You will partner with IT organization to implement highly complex programs and enterprise level systems/tools that will simplify and automate product development processes.
Who You'll Work With
This is an opportunity to influence a large Operations organization responsible for delivering value and growth by improving efficiency across multiple organizations. You will work with multiple partners across Operations, Engineering & Services to build operations framework to enable new business operations models and facilitate faster Product/Offer Innovation.
Who You Are
You are already a key contributor who knows how to develop business solutions that enables operational efficiencies and new capabilities. You have a can-do attitude with strong Operations experience & Product Management/Product Owner skills and are comfortable working in ambiguity. You are capable of leading cross functional programs and able to influence and align on priorities. You have effective team building & collaboration skills within strategic and tactical organizations.
Our Requirements are the following:
- 8+ years of related industry experience in Engineering operations, Operations management, Strategy development, Business architecture and Process implementation
- 3+ years as a Business Architect / Product Owner / Process Owner / Product Manager / Business Consultant leading complex programs and/or cross-functional initiatives
- Consulting experience leading transformation projects from concept and implementation across multiple industries is desired
- A proven track record of delivering complex business solutions including processes, policy and RACI models
- Experience having driven multiple mid-sized and large technology-enabled transformations.
- Ability to develop user stories and build business requirements document
- Proficiency in the use of advanced analytics and data modeling
- "Out-of-the-box" thinking with strong appreciation for what-if scenarios
- Strong understanding of critical project/ program management concepts such as tasks, dependencies, risks, issues, status reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication throughout all levels of the organization: process users, peers, cross-functional partners and senior management
- Evidence of strong cross-functional leadership, relationship building and collaboration with business organizations
- Record of high performance and success
- Ability to work without significant mentorship and management directives to successfully formulate strategy and inspire change in organizations
- Rich experience partnering with IT organization and 3rd party IT services companies to deliver Enterprise level tools/systems
- Eye for business through an acute understanding of Product Development Processes, Operations, and P&L in High Technology Industry
- Experience with Six Sigma methodologies and Agile development is desired
- High-energy strong analytical thinker with judgment skills including organizational, self- motivation and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or Finance
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred but not required
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.