Business Architect - UKI Public Sector
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
What You’ll Do
As a Business Solutions Architect (BSA) in Cisco’s Public Sector organisation, your primary responsibilities will be:
- To engage with customers to an Executive level positioning Cisco as a strategic partner of choice;
- To understand market trends and translate them into mutual business opportunity;
- To work with partner organisations to develop mutual capability;
- To communicate effectively, engaging with customers, partners and Cisco account teams.
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships at the executive/business decision-maker level as well as in IT.
- Use business architecture tools and approaches to align customer business needs with Cisco solutions.
- Building collateral that positions Cisco as a thought leader in the Public Sector.
- Provide strong direction and vision with the aim to becoming the trusted advisor to our customers on transforming the way people work and the way in which services are delivered.
- Developing and presenting compelling business cases to customers, maintaining expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case, including the drivers of cost, benefit, and risk.
- Articulate and sell the value of Cisco's integrated solution capabilities, describe and articulate how suggested customisations could address customer need, emphasising long-term benefits and value compared with competitive best-of-breed point products/solutions.
- Help partner organisations craft innovative architectural solutions that drive strategic objectives and help differentiate partner offerings.
- Travel will be a requirement of this job, including customer EBCs, attending conferences and meeting customers in person.
Who You’ll Work With
In this role, you will be part of the UK Public Sector Architecture Practice supporting account teams across Healthcare, Local Government, Education and other parts of Public Sector as needed. You may work with other Cisco Business Architects and Business Development professionals to develop propositions and services that meet the demands of our customers.
In addition, you’ll build strong working relationships with Cisco Industry Solutions Group, Marketing, Customer Experience, the Systems Engineering community and others.
Most importantly, you will also engage directly with Cisco customers and partners elevating Cisco’s message, building credibility and delivering mutual value.
Who You Are
- You are creative and results-driven senior individual.
- You must have experience in Business Architecture concepts and tools – with preferably 3 years of practice. Any business architecture related qualifications/accreditations are a clear advantage, e.g. TOGAF.
- You will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the UK Healthcare, Local Government and Education markets – and demonstrate a willingness to further that knowledge. You invest time in learning about vertical market trends and translate to the demands on the digital domain and Cisco’s capabilities.
- With 10+ years of working in the IT industry, you have a strong understanding of Cisco’s entire portfolio and more importantly the capabilities it can offer.
- You invest time in learning about technology shifts and communicate the relevant aspects to customers and partners. In particular, you must have good awareness of Cloud architectures and XaaS.
- You possess strong communication (written and verbal), presentation, listening, collaboration, demonstration and consulting skills. You are comfortable in dealing with Executive and Line of Business professionals, as well as IT.
- Have the ability to build and communicate a compelling vision to senior executives, with the capability to use logic, experience, facts, data, and passion to influence others.
- You have a strong IT background (a computer science, electrical or engineering degree or proven track record of technical exposure). You understand networking foundations such as routing, switching, data centre and wireless.
- High-energy, excellent communication skills, emotionally intelligent, “out of the box” problem solver, leads by example, no task is too large or small, a doer as well as a leader, an educator.
- Must be able to orchestrate effectively across organisational boundaries with proven creativity and team focus in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Customer-facing integrity – listening, ability to ask insightful questions, build consensus, advance opportunities to next level. Understanding and framing client business and technical imperatives, and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!