Business Architect, Product Master Data Management
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
- Stay connected with core groups of partners and track changing needs for our Product Master Data
- Identify and connect with emerging product master data sources from new business models
- Establish and/or improve governance and policy around Product Master Data
- Surface and drive opportunities to simplify, automate, and optimize maintenance of Product Master data
- Advocate for master data management across multiple systems and repositories
- Document, socialize, publish and maintain a Product Master Data policy
- Extensive co-ordination with India-based Product Master Data Management capability execution team
- Design and lead implementation of Enterprise Master Data Integration
- Align Master Data Management solution with the overall Data Governance model
- Solid focus on simplifying and optimizing the Product Master Data catalog of attributes
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Digital Enterprise Solutions team, you will be part of a global IT team committed to delivering elite services, tools, platforms, and data used to power our Sales organization. From optimizing ERP systems, to leveraging cloud service providers, to in-house development using the newest technologies, we are constantly innovating and evolving to give our Sales team the competitive advantage.
Who You Are
- Familiarity with Cisco’s offerings, product lines, operating model, and strategic direction in the market
- Ability to connect, analyze, summarize, and narrate data to convince and align partners with differing objectives
- Outside-in perspective and customer first mentality
- Change Management and Communication around process improvement and optimization efforts
- Solid grasp of Industry-standard Master Data Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Experience as product owner within the software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Functional knowledge of Cisco’s ERP systems in Supply Chain and/or Order Management
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!