Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Do you like living on the edge? Then here's your next home! The Customer Experience (CX) Portfolio team is at the heart of Cisco's transformation to software and the cloud where the future of our service models and recurring revenue strategies are being defined. You will work with this team on shaping these strategies and bringing them to life by acting as an interface between the business and the data science team, so think of this role as a hybrid!
What You'll Do:
- Understand the business requirements and develop user stories and technical requirements
- Perform basic data analytic or ad-hoc queries for business users
- Perform acceptance tests on analysis to ensure quality before delivery to management
- You will prioritize the data collection effort for a given customer and supporting data collection workshops with both the account team and the customer.
- You will perform financial modeling in Excel and creatively modeling changes to technology architectures and operating models.
- You'll use data visualization tools to represent financial analysis in innovative ways that are simple to consume for various levels across Cisco
- You will use your creativity and subject-matter expertise to simplify and improve existing processes or to develop new ones.
- You'll present, explain and refining detailed financial information to a large customer audience including procurement and finance teams.
Who You’ll Work With:
You will join efforts with the best and smartest across Cisco's diverse functions including Product Management, Operations, and the CX Portfolio team. And depending on the projects, you’ll get to meet and work with other employees from around the world!
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics (preferred)
- Candidates with strong communication/presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Python and/or R and SQL
- Solid aptitude for structured problem solving and willingness to learn on the job
- 1 – 3 years of similar experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Interested not only in developing data analyst skills but also business analyst skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.