Business Analyst (Intern) - Singapore
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
The Asia Pacific & Japan Strategy, Planning & Operations team (APJ SPO) is responsible for business intelligence, growth identification, market and sales strategy, planning, field enablement and sales operations, with a scope of $3.5B in revenues. The team drives initiatives from conception to execution, fostering alignment across theatres, segments and functions, seeking excellence and consistency in management practices with the ultimate goal of accelerating Cisco’s growth in APJ.
What You'll Do
The selected candidate will engage in an internship as a business analyst working in 1-2 projects running between a minimum of 12 weeks and a maximum of 6 months. These projects can be specific to a market/country (i.e., ASEAN, ANZ, Japan, India, Korea), a segment (i.e., Enterprise, Public Sector, Commercial), a technology (e.g., Data Center, Enterprise Networking, Internet of Things).
The assignment of specific projects will be based on the qualifications and capabilities of the candidate as well as his or her career development interests.
Two examples of potential projects include:
• Development of Cisco Alumni Network: In this project the candidate works very closely with the lead of APJ Go To Market strategy and with other key stakeholders such us HR, IT, Operations and Business leaders. The key deliverable is an implementation plan for Cisco APJ Alumni Network.
• Competitive Go-to-Market Analysis and Strategy: provide insights on specific competitors and markets including business and financial metrics, market share, growth, key-value-proposition, core competencies, assets, capabilities and skills, talent, etc. The key deliverable is a competitive plan that details key data of the competitor and plays to win.
You need to be self-motivated with a strong focus on delivery. You will also need to be capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently. You must be strategic and conscientious, and the ability to influence senior executives through strength of ideas, data and charisma. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical field backed by a Masters from top school is desired, as well as a strong interest and passion for technology or technology background.
• Experience in High Tech, preferably in Software and Cloud, Web, Social Networking, Apps.
• Ability to see the big picture; strong creativity; High-energy; analytical thinker; judgement
• Excellent quantitative analysis, use of spreadsheets and modelling tools
• Emerging competency in designing bold strategies that challenge the status quo
• Capability to influence, strong communication and presentation skills. PowerPoint
• Currently enrolled in a full-time degree - Masters degree preferred
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.