Location:Offsite, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reinvent the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You’ll Do
As a business analyst of the Accounting & Finance team, you will be part of a highly empowered collaborative team who is passionate about the use of technology to deliver outstanding business outcome. You will collaborate with product owners to bring software solutions to seek business problems through design, build, test, deploy and hyper care. In addition to demonstrating engineering perfection, you will also be required to have strong understanding of the Finance business function we support.
Partner with Finance Business to understand needs and solutions that align to overall business strategies and lead to a successful delivery
- Demonstrate understanding of system design and functionality by being able to identify potential issues and offer creative solutions and alternatives
- Perform a variety of business analysis, configuration, report writing and testing tasks using Oracle Financials and ensuring compliance is met throughout the process
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into effective and efficient application configuration.
- Educate and guide users on effective and efficient approaches to implementing new features and provide technical mentorship for testing/adoption of new features and functionality
- Identify and solve operational issues
- Document existing and future processes implemented
- Interact with our cross functional teams in support of the business
- Be part of a dynamic team that offers global financial solutions, operational support and opportunity to lead change through the company.
Who You Are
We are looking for those encouraged by the challenge of solving outstanding and challenging technical problems for our Finance partners, those who excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new without consideration interpersonal boundaries.
- BS/MS in Finance, Accounting, Computer Sciences or other applicable majors - or relevant experience
- 8+ years of experience in related field with proven results in delivering sophisticated solutions
- Experience with ERP finance systems including GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, a must
- Experience implementing, coordinating, and integrating SaaS software
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has an ambitious work ethic, a go-getter mentality, and the passion to make things happen.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to analyze sophisticated business challenges respond independently and communicate across all levels of the organization
Experience in solving problems and documenting issues, gaps, and resolutions