1373019 - Business Analysis Manager - Central Forecasting
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRTP, TEXAS
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Who you are?
You are a highly motivated and hardworking business analyst who is driven to learn and grow within the Cisco organization. You are a multifaceted, qualified professional with confirmed experience, willing to use your strong influencing skills in a large, sophisticated organization. You have proven record in strategic planning/demand planning, sophisticated analytics, financial and/or supply chain modeling experience. You have a strong record of business and cross-functional partnership in your profession and are seeking the opportunity to exploit the full potential of your analytical, finance and discernment. You will have good interpersonal skills (both written and verbal), a strong analytical demeanour with high attention to detail.
What you’ll do?
You will work in a team of business analysts, data scientists, researchers and supply chain planning professionals in the Central Forecasting team, part of the Global Planning team within Supply Chain Operations. The team is accountable for crafting a comprehensive and data-driven demand forecast (units and dollars) for all Cisco products across short, medium, and long-term horizons. This forecast will drive the entire HW costs in Cisco's forward Supply Chain. You will,
- Explore, assess, and implement sophisticated analytical capabilities to improve the forecasting processes
- Engage and lead management reviews to critically review forecasts submitted at various business groupings and at Cisco level that will cascade to and drive fulfillment Supply Chain teams
- Partner closely with the demand planning teams and capture knowledge of product platforms, product, and technology transitions and BU-specific marketing strategies
- Partner with Cisco entities to improve forecast accuracy - including Marketing, Finance, Distribution, Sales, Sales Finance
Identify process, system, and data requirements for scaling solutions. Work with planning transformation teams to get capability requirements into funded programs for full-scale implementation
Who You'll Work With
You and your team will partner with multiple teams (Business units, Finance, Channel Partner teams, Sales) and external macro/market data sources. You will work closely with other business analysts, demand planners, and leaders within the Global Planning Organization. You will also collaborate with teams from Business Units, Sales, Finance, and Transformation teams. Supply Chain teams are spread globally across US, Europe, and Asia, providing an opportunity to collaborate with a truly distributed team.
Our minimum requirements for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management or related subject area; MBA preferred
- Confirmed experience in a technology company (or management consulting) in forecasting and planning, demand planning, business planning or coordinated business planning
- High energy and curiosity, excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate to senior and executive management. Technical aptitude to quickly learn and embrace new tools.
- Experienced in working within a sophisticated, fast paced environment. Experience working with global cross functional teams and proven track record to develop and nurture strong cross-functional partnerships
- Strong analytical skills (sophisticated excel, SQL, python, R preferred) and discernment for solving ambiguous problems
*** This position could be fully remote ***
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team on innovative technology and powering a more inclusive future for all. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their businesses. Sure, we’re a company that’s 35 years strong and maybe you’ve heard we’re a hardware company. But we’re also a software company. A security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. And we’re the tech behind keeping the world connected, productive, and ever adapting in our hybrid world by way of Webex.
Day to day, our teams have each other’s backs. We tackle whatever challenge comes our way, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate one another – from big life moments to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 5 days off each year to do just that too)!
What’s powering an inclusive future for all look like? We know that without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities are leading the way, and together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, and supporting the most vulnerable through our innovation, amazing culture, and a collective effort to make this world a better place.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.