Business Intelligence Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAtlanta, GA
Area of InterestFinance
WHO WE ARE
Cisco’s Legal Compliance and Brand Protection Operations team is a global organization that protects Cisco’s product integrity, customers, channel partners, and commerce transactions. In this time of growing threats that include cyber-attacks, counterfeit, and digital fraud, we are looking for top talent to expand the capabilities that we provide to Cisco.
All of our work is data-driven, hinging on our team’s ability to makes sense of vast amounts of data covering millions of users, thousands of products, and billions of transactions. Our team has a wide diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives. Together we are building industry-leading solutions that are effective and enduring.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Brand Protection Business Intelligence Manager you’ll design and develop innovative business intelligence solutions used for business reviews, strategic programs, and executive decision-making!
You will implement reports and analytics that cover a wide variety of areas including operational metrics, case management, proactive risk reduction and monitoring, non-compliance of ethics policies and guidelines, proposals for enhanced controls, investigations covering expense fraud, deal and discount manipulation, commercial software piracy, diversion, gray market, digital fraud, and counterfeit.
You will also play a meaningful role with the Legal Operations, Brand Protection and Global Compliance leadership teams to craft business intelligence priorities.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
This role is part of a fun-loving, diverse team, with a broad range of cultures and backgrounds! You will work with Legal Technology Operations, Global Compliance and Brand Protection, IT, and other Data Analysis and Data Science teams across Cisco. You will engage with both leaders and individual contributors.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Serve as Product Owner for Brand Protection's Business Intelligence reporting platforms and analytics, owning the development of visually impactful solutions incorporating the latest industry best-practices and techniques
- Collaborate with Brand Protection's leadership team to define and deliver the overall business intelligence and reporting strategy and priorities.
- Synthesize needs and feedback into clear requirements.
- Develop and deliver operational business analytics, scorecards, dashboards, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Partner closely with business analysts, data scientists, and IT
- Provide strategic ad-hoc reporting and analysis for strategic programs and leadership requests
- Provide mentorship and training to junior colleagues and maintain progress on all projects with minimal direct supervision
- BS in Business Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- 5+ years of business intelligence and analytics development experience, skilled in ad-hoc query and reporting technologies, development methods and techniques
- Expertise in developing executive dashboards that drive operational and strategic decision-making
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to do develop analytics on large and diverse volumes of data
- Ability to independently and consistently own your work and project timelines
- Excellent programming skills using tools such Excel, Sharepoint, Tableau, Snowflake, and SQL, with an ability to manipulate large and sophisticated datasets.
Even better if you have...
- MS in Business Analytics or Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Experience in the legal operations, channel partner management, ethics, compliance, brand protection, law enforcement, intelligence, or security domains.
- Expertise in developing risk models and analysis for fraudulent commerce transactions, licensing fraud, digital fraud, and counterfeiting.
Where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.