Board Mounted Power Technical Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
As a power engineering Technical Leader, you will develop highly reliable Board-Mounted Power (BMP) Systems for Cisco's networking products. These products range from 10W IP-phones to 3000W+ Data Center and Service Provider switches and routers.
This individual will be a contributor to the power development team and will be responsible for all design aspects of the BMP System.
What You’ll Do:
· Participate in power design verification tests
· Develop and execute test plans for upcoming power designs
· Document procedures, plans, and specifications used by the BMP team
· Ensure that all hardware engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives
· Assist in the resolution of power related field / product issues for assigned projects
Who You Are:
You have a background in analog or power design, and possess the capabilities to quickly learn the following skills:
· Excellent lab testing skills
· Troubleshooting of BMP systems
· Schematic capture and CAD layout review tools
· Stability analyzers, oscilloscopes, function-generators, electronic loads, etc.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to think and act pro-actively and drive issues to resolution
· Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills, with focus on presenting to various audiences effectively
· Ability to quickly document the results of your work in a clear, concise, and complete manner
· This position requires a BSEE
· 5-8 years experience desired
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!