Benefits Design and Strategy - U.S. Healthcare
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
Your expertise in U.S. healthcare will equip you to make design recommendations for Cisco’s health plans that will align with Cisco’s amazing culture. You will also collaborate with global benefit leaders in other regions on global initiatives and take a leadership role with select projects. As you develop personalized, relevant offerings you’ll bring your knowledge of the marketplace (including emerging solutions), your passion for people and their well-being, and an inquisitive mindset to shape what’s possible. You don’t settle for the easy path and will explore new ideas that hold promise for bringing value to employees, families and Cisco.
- Understand business drivers, market landscape and employee/family needs in order to drive thought leadership, strategy and design of U.S. health and wellness offerings for active employees and retirees.
- Differentiate portfolio in ways that align to Cisco’s culture and People Deal
- Optimize current solutions and partner with strategic vendors to identify opportunities to improve the employee experience, address gaps, and creatively solve problems
- Partner effectively with benefits design team leaders on co-design opportunities – including ACO strategy
- Proactively identify, co-develop and deliver innovative solutions in partnership with 1) industry coalitions (ie SVEF, PBGH), 2) health and welfare plan partners, and 3) Cisco sales/engineering teams (leveraging Cisco technology when possible).
- Lead select global projects to drive dialogue, education, and innovation to address critical health and wellness needs, both internally and externally (e.g. mental health, telemedicine using Cisco technology).
- Understand current and upcoming legislation and its associated impact. Consult with internal and external legal/tax. Conduct analysis and recommend appropriate action.
- Lead communication strategy to increase awareness and engagement (consulting with benefits comms specialist).
- Manage dedicated resources from Cigna and UHC and oversee their efforts to drive greater adoption of offerings and improve health outcomes through greater engagement.
- Lead the team’s annual, bottoms-up U.S. fringe budget process and recommend trade-offs as required.
Who You'll Work With
- Internal cross-functional teams and individuals (employee services, finance, legal, business leaders, regional benefit leads)
- External vendor partners, industry experts
Who You Are
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree required and 12 years of health and wellness benefit design experience
- Or Masters with 8 years of health and wellness benefit design experience
- Experience in high tech preferred
- Global benefits experience preferred
- Demonstrated thought leadership in employee benefits, with a focus on health and wellness, for a large multi-national employer
- Strong executive influence and negotiation skills with the ability to efficiently bring decisions to closure with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent planning, organizational, communication, and cultural awareness skills, including financial and global business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems of significant impact
- Self-starter and team player with a visionary and pragmatic lens
- Capable of managing people and leading cross-functional, diverse teams
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.