Benefits Advocacy Consultant (Benefit consulting, Employee relationship management)
Location:Dalian, Liaoning, China
Area of InterestProfessional Services
As an Advocacy Consultant, you will be responsible for upholding Cisco's Culture of Caring by empowering employees to make informed decisions when mental health, physical health or financial crisis restricts their ability to thrive in the workplace. You will use your knowledge of benefit programs to provide employees and their families with personalized support during their crisis. The role will require understanding of benefit resources within Cisco, as well as other resources that may be available within the employee's community, such as global or local country provided programs. You will understand how these resources and programs are administered so that you can help employees and their families navigate services and support. You are empathetic, nurturing but also able to partner effectively across a broad ecosystem of stakeholders, including Cisco leadership. You will partner with other Advocates to establish processes and protocols that ensure Cisco’s advocacy support model is consistent around the globe.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s People Experience organization is inspiring today’s talent for tomorrow’s Cisco. We are developing strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco’s business and our employees by transforming Cisco’s talent, leadership, culture and organization. This role will report to the Americas Benefits Delivery Operations team, who are experts in delivering exceptional employee experience through transformation, operational excellence and people.
Who You Are
- You are empathetic and have a passion for supporting employees in crisis and are committed to ensuring our Cisco employees and their families experience our Culture of Caring.
- You are a self-starter, possess excellent organization and critical thinking skills that allow you to influence outcomes under pressure
- Your natural curiosity makes you a problem solver, and proactive in finding answers to questions that others haven't yet thought to ask
- Innovation drives you to continually ask: "is there a better way?", and you are perceived to be a thought leader amongst your peers
- Partnership comes naturally to you, as does your ability to build trust and rapport in a short period of time.
- You are comfortable engaging with all levels of an organization.
- You have expertise in benefit practices across APJC and can navigate a complex ecosystem of providers, partners, and processes.
- You believe in a strong company culture that connects everything, innovates everywhere and benefits everyone
- Crises are not predictable - you will need to be available to provide support outside of business hours
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- 7 -10 years benefits experience with a focus on benefits administration, program management, vendor management and employee engagement.
- Strong knowledge and experience in managing employee benefits with an understanding of both statutory and company provided benefits across most of APJC
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strategic thinker and thought leader
- Empathetic and nurturing
- Demonstrates good judgement
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills