BT Infrastructure Pre-Sales Engineer – SPaaE
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestService Provider
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the world, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives in business and society. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a pre-sales systems engineer in the area of Service Provider as an Enterprise. Your customer will be BT the largest Service Provider in the UK. You will conduct technical presentations, showcase Cisco products and solutions, set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customers. As a trusted advisor to the customer, you will design and configure products to meet specific customer needs. You will gain access to and focus on a wide set of Cisco’s Enterprise Solutions in a s Service Provider context. In addition to having a solid technical background in key areas like Enterprise Networking, Software Enablement, APIs and Network Programmability you must be able to position products in the right way to best fulfil the customer expectations and to beat competition.
You will work with a wide variety of technologies and will therefore need strong team working and consultative skills and capacities to effectively showcase Cisco products and solutions, demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, conduct Proof-of-Concept (PoC) tests.
Your interpersonal, presentation and consulting skills evoke passion, energy, tenacity and confidence to work across all Cisco Products. You should possess and/or cultivate strong Business Unit relationships, and be able to navigate through Cisco's business groups (Services, Marketing, Architecture and Development Teams) effectively.
Who You'll Work With
In this dynamic, customer focused role, you will partner directly with a Solutions Account Manager and an extended team to position complex software and hardware solutions, passionate about solving the business and technical problems of our customer. In that capacity you will be part of a multinational account team serving the customer and you will rely on an extended network of Cisco services professionals and technical teams, with close support of your sales leadership.
Who You Are
You possess relevant technical background in Cisco products related to technical design and implementation of Enterprise network architectures with a knowledge of MSP solutions.
You're experienced in customer-facing pre-sales engagements, and you are able to explain technical concepts and subjects to a variety of audience levels with varied technical backgrounds, at the same time articulating the business value of those technical topics. Your ability to communicate effectively helps you to build confidence in the technology and convert business opportunities into sales.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Ideally you have an Engineering level degree and 5+ years of related experience
- Experience in Enterprise Networking SDx, Enterprise Switching and Routing; Automation and Orchestration; Virtualisation/Containerisation; Server and Data Centre Technologies
- Enterprise wireless essential
- Any exposure to private 5g and/or IoT would be a bonus
- Some scripting or software development skills would be useful
- Experience with relevant Cisco equipment or equipment of relevant competitors
- Understanding of service provider technology & market
- Ability to travel in order to meet client demands required
- Flexible, dependable, and capable of quickly learning various technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter effective in working independently and in a team setting
- Technical pre-sales experience desired
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!