BIOS Rommon Platform Software Developer Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Business Entity The Security Business Group's SSP development Team is looking for talented, ambitious technical leaders and engineers to join us to deliver our full roadmap and customer demanding features on our next generation FirePower security platforms
The Team We are a talented and dynamic team with mixed culture background. We work hard and play hard, and we are proud of our quality features and platforms that we have built.
Role & Responsibilities Participate (may take on a leadership role) on a project team of engineers involved in development of firmware for Cisco ASA security products.
- Define, design and develop new firmware features in x-86 UEFI BIOS/ROMMON environment
- Contribute to all phases of firmware development, from requirements gathering through implementation and sustaining
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product and project level architecture
- Influence the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability
- Write functional, design and unit test specs
- Resolve design issues
- Develop complex modules of code
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware related firmware defects
- Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning
- Represent Cisco to customers and the rest of the industry in the development and deployment of internetworking solutions
- Solid understanding and recent experience of x86 UEFI BIOS and EDK II.
- Extensive experience with C, and experience with assembly
- Experience in design and development of software in a real-time Linux OS environment
- Strong background in SW design specification/documentation
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem solving skills are essential
- Solid knowledge of x86 CPU architecture and IO Bus Technology
- Solid Networking knowledge
- Excellent Verbal and Writing, and Professional Presentation Skills
- MSEE/CS with 6+ years experience in a development position, or BSEE/CS with 10+ years experience
- In-Depth Knowledge and Extensive Hands-on Experience with x86 Architecture.
- In-Depth Knowledge and Extensive Hands-on Experience with UEFI BIOS is a MUST, and experience of Cisco bootloader/ROMMON is a big plus
- In-Depth Knowledge and Extensive Hands-on experience with initial board bring up and closely work with Hardware, diagnostic team trouble-shooting on complicated hardware related issues
- Working experience to work with FPGA, power sequencer, Chipset, PCIE, i2c, SPI, LPC, etc
- Experience on Cisco Secure boot is a huge plus
- Experience in device driver development, networking
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.