Senior Director, Product Management - Business Critical Services
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) Business Critical Services (BCS) is seeking a leader of the Lifecycle Product Management team to be responsible for understanding and driving the development and success of cross architecture solutions. In this role you will use your vast knowledge of industry and Cisco customer use cases to identity how CX/BCS offers add value. You will build and lead a team responsible for the application of BCS to customer critical Cisco solutions. This team will define the solution portfolio, continuously contributing to validate and improve the defined services and pricing strategy, and finding critical "white space" to differentiate Cisco in the market and maintain the portfolio roadmap, such that CX metrics are attained (bookings, revenue, margin, ARR, etc.)
Curious to learn more about Business Critical Services (BCS)
- Develop and lead the team of technical marketing and product management specialists
- Identify the top use cases that will drive BCS, CX, and Cisco bookings
- Investigate and understand customer and competitive trends as it relates to use case offers.
- Understand the challenges and needs, and work with the offers team to transform them into a global offer that delivers genuine business outcomes, value and differentiation to our customers; ability to predict market and customer trends
- Collaborate with sales management, Business Development Managers (BDMs), and field enablement, actively participating in go to market development, collateral, demand, sales training, and all activities required to drive bookings
- Work closely with BEs and architecture PMs to identify main challenges for customers where CX can provide solutions
- Develop backlog of solution offers and drive prioritization process with key team members across sales and PMs
- Regularly meet with clients, including those to whom Cisco is delivering newly defined services, to ensure market perceptions are well understood
- Maintain a detailed understanding of competitive landscape including new players, acquisition activities, new product and services launches, etc; ensuring this knowledge is packaged for consumption and any recommended portfolio adjustments are clearly outlined
- Collaborate closely with marketing and PR, ensuring a complete set of collateral is in place and of high quality for core offers
- Work with sales to identifying BCS opportunities for supporting BCS solutions offers.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Become the lead subject matter authority on BCS use cases
- Contribute to new solution innovation
- Increase the productivity of product management, sales and partners
- Drive successful strategic marketing programs
Who You Are
You can demonstrate an executive presence and bring a strong mix of product management, solutions architecture, technical marketing, and customer experience specific acumen coupled with strategic vision and precise execution. You will be the champion and advocate for the portfolio with sales, the field generally, partners and customers. You are detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable to a changing environment. You have strong analytical abilities and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and campaign strategy. You have the ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a fast-paced matrixed organization.
- You've achieved a Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Have 10+ years of progressive experience in Product Management, Portfolio management, product marketing, strategy or business development
- A solid understanding of the CX portfolio, it’s customer needs, Cisco and competitor technologies
- A fundamental knowledge of a suite of Cisco products and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of function
- Strategic, critical but creative problem solver with strong business sense
- Ability to lead, craft and work within cross-functional team environments
- Ability to develop and enable a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations
- Very good storyteller
- Ability to identify, prioritize and deliver measurable results using frameworks and sound business practices, understanding cross-functional dependencies
- Well-developed teamwork, collaboration and project management skills
- Change agent with high degree of passion and positive attitude
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!