Azure Technical Lead
Location:Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruptions in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of helping to drive the productivity of one of the largest pioneers of the Internet on our planet?
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing engineering teams at Cisco that supports the strategic and financial prioritizations of Cisco Operations. We are looking for a candidate, who strives in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment, and who is skilled in developing web application solutions, using leading technologies, to drive organizational productivity through metrics.
As Azure Technical Lead, you will design web solutions which align investments to strategies, measure benefit realization, enable innovation, and provide data to senior leadership to drive data-decision making.
In this job you will:
- Develop and enhance tools and metrics reporting within a cloud-based web infrastructure.
- Design & Development of large portions of software independently and rapidly.
- Automate bug detection and isolation.
- Work within a global team environment spread throughout multiple Countries and time zones.
- Ability to translate Business Requirements, into a functional application.
In the end, the outcome is: help people, connect lives, and change the world – that’s what we do.
Who You'll Work With
The Connected Architecture Solutions and Technologies (CAST) Business Management Systems Development team is responsible for building portfolio / project management & reporting tools which are utilized by the Cisco Operations and IT to run the day to day business, measure outcomes and optimize business processes. Additional responsibilities from the team include project management as well as operational excellence.
You will be working alongside our team of developers, as well as the greater Cisco IT org, to design, program, and implement new applications and processes. You will have the opportunity to participate in a CAST developer community, to collaborate and share ideas.
Who You Are
If you have an authentic passion for learning new and upcoming technologies, creating new systems, making businesses better, and providing value to stakeholders and teammates, this role will definitely be of interest to you.
You will bring:
- Proven expertise in developing and deploying applications on Azure.
- Proficiency in the use of Azure tools and technologies such as security, communications, compute and storage.
- Proven expertise in .NET with extensive debugging and troubleshooting.
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Mentor / coach junior development staff
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work toward long-term goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related vocational diploma.
- To "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
- Knowledge of automated test execution systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Build systems, and Source Code Control tools.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.#LI-1652270_EMEADM1