Automation QA Engineer- Python, Dockers, Kubernetes
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights.
What You'll Do
You will be a part of high-performing Quality Engineering team that helps ensure that products release to the market are of the highest possible quality. You will be the voice of the customer in ensuring the product meets the intended quality at the right scale. The team is responsible for testing the back end and the user interface of the product. The team is also responsible for building the right tools, infrastructure, and frameworks that help us accelerate product testing/validation.
Required experience in:
- Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop test automation
- Develop Test tools and Test framework required for testing
- Work with a team of highly smart Engineers to develop the test infrastructure
- Collaborate with other testing members, developers, technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers.
- Build tools to automate the process of test result analysis and bug creation Monitor and lead continuous integration environment
Whom You'll work with
You will work with and partner with several product teams that build vertical functionality/slices of the product. You will work with Product Managers to understand the customer view of the product, work with Engineers and architects to understand the design and architecture of the product and ensure various levels of product testing is performed at the product meets the expected quality.
Who You Are
- Has 5+ years of experience in technology industry testing enterprise-class and consumer grade products.
- Have a high bar for quality of the product.
- Expertise in building test infrastructure and knowledge of open source test infrastructure and reporting tools Creative, independent, self-motivated, and willing to learn new technology.
- Participate in building automation frameworks
- Prior experience of programming and writing automated test scripts
- Experience in developing/testing REST APIs,
- Knowledge of containerized software using docker, kubernetes or similar
- Understanding of containerization concepts is a plus.
- B.S or M.S in Engineering or Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Good experience in functional testing, integration testing, automation, testing, compliance.
- Excellent hands-on skills in writing test scripts using Python or any modern test scripting languages
- Experience in testing product functionality across the stack – from databases, platform services, to end user interfaces.
- Software development and overall automation including Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, Continuous Integration.
- Middleware services including messaging, API management, container technologies.
- Good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols is a plus.
- Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns, and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.