Audio Software Developer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
In Lysaker, near Oslo, you find Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center. We develop video conference solutions. Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world, without actually moving people around. The only way to make people choose digital solutions over traveling, is to improve the technology. The technology has to be awesome enough to become a real alternative – also in the most important meetings.
We make both hardware and software and develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Cisco Webex Devices are used by small businesses, universities, governments, international organizations, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elisabeth II.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Audio Software Developer to join our Audio Software team.
What you will do
Our Audio Software team is responsible for how Cisco Webex Devices sound. We are a group of quality-oriented audio enthusiasts who never settle for “good enough”. We want the sound of Cisco Webex Devices to be crisp and clear and unpolluted and combine our competences to develop great collaboration products from early concept phases to final product.
We are now looking for a skilled audio programmer with a passion for sound. Your role is not yet defined, but will be formed around your competence, ideas and field of interest. By joining the Audio Software team, you will:
- work closely with other highly skilled members of the audio team
- always focus on delivering excellent and professional audio quality in our products
- be a key driver for delivering software with high quality
- use your creative problem-solving skills to create robust and efficient solutions
- write maintainable code based on test driven development principles.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced programmer with solid understanding of audio processing and embedded computing. You will be part of a team that is thorough in its approach and has great pride in its product. You are a person that can take key responsibility in projects and also share your knowledge and expertise with the other team members.
Do you have
- a passion for great sound and a mindset of constant improvement?
- 3+ years of relevant experience?
- a relevant master’s degree?
- good English verbal and written skills?
- experience with C/C++, Python or Matlab?
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you.
Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center are nothing without its people. We are dependent on our people’s creativity, curiosity and ability to work together to solve interesting problems elegantly, and we work hard to be a place where people thrive and grow.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen and are proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s best Workplace in 2021. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group – that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps in our in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!#LI-EMEAPB1