Associate Technical Solutions Specialist - Security
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security
Why you'll love cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Associate Technical Solutions Specialist (ATSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and mentorship to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The ATSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The ATSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The ATSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
Metrics: Response time/Case Keep Rate/Service Upsell
Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
- Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
- Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the true scale, business need and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement to a Specialist As A Service (SPaaS) engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and answer highly sophisticated product inquiry from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
- Leverage High Value services: Demos (dCloud) and Design Assistance
- Work with VSAMs, Field personnel, & Cisco partners to optimally resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
- Help new product/services launch.
- Time management.
- Case handling – Prioritize cases as suggested by GVE AI based case assignment algorithm “Skill Based Routing”
- SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
- Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
- Become the SME – achieve Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
- Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice.
- Ability to anticipate / capture / consolidate trends and communicate to Architecture Lead.
- CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
- All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID.
- Performs & represents the network design activities with minimal assistance, effectively engages extended team for support.
- Solid understanding of/and proficiency in articulating; features, functions, benefits, and positioning of Cisco products, technologies, and services in reference to industry. Ability to apply this knowledge to address customer/partner network requirements.
- Lead discussions concerning direct comparisons of Cisco's products and technologies against the competition specifically relating to design strategies.
- Exposure to Remote Support and Collaboration processes/methodologies --- preferred.
5.Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
- Desirable to have understanding of Security and Cybersecurity
- business and their network architectures
- Good understanding of Network Switching and Routing
Who You Are
- 1 to 2 years of experience with IT infrastructure, Pre-Sales and design & implementation experience
- Customer facing experience within Pre-Sales or consulting environment
- Good Presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
(must have good understanding and skill set in the following):
- Experience on Cisco Routing and Switches & Security Solutions
CCNA/CCNP Certification (Required)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, ambitious steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!