Associate Technical Solutions Specialist - Collaboration
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Every business is digitizing, every nation is becoming smart and connected, and everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact.
You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired, and in turn, to encourage and inspire others. You will wake up every day feeling energized, all ready to convert ambitious ideas to reality.
What You'll Do
The Associate Technical Solutions Specialist (ATSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high-level technical support and mentorship to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The ATSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the bulk of their time will be spent. The ATSS shares knowledge and standard methodologies throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The ATSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
Reports To: VSEM
Metrics: Response time/Case Keep Rate/Service Upsell
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
- Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross-sell.
- Use good judgment to assess the Request and uncover the true potential, business need, and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement to a Specialist As A Service (SPaaS) engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions:
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and answer highly complex product inquiries from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approaches for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
- Use High-Value services: Demos (dCloud) and Design Assistance
- Work with VSAMs, Field personnel, & Cisco partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
- Help new product/services launch.
- Time management.
- Case handling – Prioritize cases, as suggested by GVE, AI-based case assignment algorithm “Skill Based Routing”
- SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
- Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
- Become the SME – achieve deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
- Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice.
- Ability to anticipate/gather/ consolidate trends and communicate to Architecture Lead.
- CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
- All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID.
- Performs & represents the network design activities with minimal assistance, effectively engages extended team for support.
- Strong knowledge of/and proficiency in articulating; features, functions, benefits, and positioning of Cisco products, technologies, and services in reference to industry. Ability to apply this knowledge to address customer/partner network requirements.
- Lead discussions concerning direct comparisons of Cisco's products and technologies against the competition specifically relating to design strategies.
- Exposure to Remote Support and Collaboration processes/methodologies --- preferred.
5.Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
a. Candidate must be familiar with Cisco’s Collaboration portfolio including Collaboration voice and video infrastructure (CUCM, Unity Connection, Gateways, Expressway) and endpoints, conferencing solutions (Cisco Meetings Server, TMS), Cloud Solutions (Webex, Webex Teams) and Contact Centre Express for mid-sized call center opportunities.
b. Must be comfortable in pitching the business benefits of Collaboration solutions, requirement gathering and crafting solutions to address customer’s business needs.
c. Must be comfortable demonstrating the capabilities of Webex platform and room devices.
d. Must be familiar with Collaboration Flexplan, Workspace and user connect licensing models.
e. Ability to upsell and cross-sell products across Collaboration architecture.
6.Good understanding of IP Routing fundamentals and LAN Switching.
Who You Are
- 1 to 2 years of experience with IT infrastructure and Pre-Sales and design & implementation experience
- Customer-facing experience within Pre-Sales or consulting environment
- Good Presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience in Virtualization and Storage solutions
- Experience in Cisco Networking Technologies and Data Center Solutions
- CCNA/CCNP Certifications (Required)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.