Associate Technical Solution Specialists - Enterprise Networking
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
The Associate Technical Solutions Specialist (ATSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The ATSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The ATSS shares knowledge and standard methodologies throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The ATSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
Reports To: SEM
Metrics: Response time/Case Keep Rate/Service Upsell/
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
- Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
- Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the true scale, business need and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement to a Speialist As A Service (SPaaS) engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and answer highly complex product inquiry from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
- Work with VSAMs, Field personnel, & Cisco partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
- Help new product/services launch.
- Time management.
- Case handling – Prioritize cases as suggested by GVE AI based case assignment algorithm “Skill Based Routing”
- SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
- Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
- Become the SME – achieve Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
- Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice.
- Ability to anticipate / gather / consolidate trends and communicate to Architecture Lead.
- CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
- All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID.
- Performs & represents the network design activities with minimal assistance, effectively engages extended team for support.
- Strong knowledge of/and fluency in articulating; features, functions, benefits, and positioning of Cisco products, technologies, and services in reference to industry. Ability to apply this knowledge to address customer/partner network requirements.
- Lead discussions concerning direct comparisons of Cisco's products and technologies against the competition specifically relating to design strategies.
- Exposure to Remote Support and Collaboration processes/methodologies --- preferred.
5.Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
a) Must be familiar with Cisco’s Routing, Switching and Wireless portfolio
b) Must be familiar with Cisco solutions such as Software Defined Access (SDA), Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
c) Must be familiar with Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA)
d) Must be familiar with Cisco Meraki full stack solution
e) Must be able to articulate the value proposition of the above portfolio, solutions and strategy
f) Ability to upsell and cross sell across the different Cisco Enterprise Networking Solutions.
g) Some familiarity of other Cisco Architectures such as Security and/or Data Centre would be an advantage in Cross Selling across Architectures
6.Good understanding of IP Routing fundamentals and LAN Switching.
Who You Are
- 1 to 2 years of experience with IT infrastructure
- 1 to 2 years of Pre-Sales and design & implementation experience
- Customer facing experience within Pre-Sales or consulting environment
- Good Presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Technical Qualifications (must have good understanding and skills in 2 or more of the following):
- Experience on Cisco Routing and Switches
- Experience on Cisco wireless solutions
- Awareness on Cisco DNA and SDA solutions
- Awareness on Cisco SD-WAN
CCNA/CCNP Certification (Preferred)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.