Associate Hardware Engineer
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Acacia designs, develops, manufactures and sells intelligent transceivers using sophisticated signal processing and photonic integration for the 100G, 400G and 1T bit speed fiber optic transmission market deployed in data center, metro, long-haul and ultra-long haul telecommunication networks.
Our mission is to develop and market intelligent subsystems for ultra-high speed optical interconnect. We are looking for experienced enthusiastic people with high energy and a team attitude who have the right experience and want to work at the forefront of fiber optic transmission subsystems.
On March 1, 2021 Acacia became part of Cisco
The Sr. Technician will be a member of Acacia’s Hardware team and will contribute to the hardware life cycle of our products. You will work within a multi-disciplinary hardware, Software, Optics, and DSP engineering organization.
Responsibilities for this position range from HW engineering support, to debugging and contributing to board bring up, to DVT and validation of systems.
- Test and debugging of systems during bring up phase
- Proto-typing and rework
- DVT and system validation
- General HW engineering and lab support
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- AS or equivalent in electronics with a minimum 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Track record of supporting and debugging of NPI products
- Test and validation of high speed electrical products including parametric and performance testing
- Solid proto-typing and fine pitch soldering skills
- Solid demonstrated experience using test equipment (high speed oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, digital multi-meters, etc.)
- Solid demonstrated experience f troubleshooting basic digital circuitry, protocols, and interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, MDIO, CPUs, memory, FPGAs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of basic analog components (ADC/DAC, DC-DC converters, Op Amps, etc.)
- Working knowledge of high speed designs (10+ GHz)
- Experienced in reading and interpreting BOMs, schematics, drawings, and other engineering documentation
- Good analytical, interpretive, and problem resolution skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Exposure to high-speed electro-optical transmission components (tunable lasers, modulators, VOAs, etc.)
- Experience with Optical test equipment (Wave meters, OSA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Cadence Allegro PCB layout viewer
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.