Associate, Corporate Development
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
About Cisco Corporate Development: This team is responsible for global M&A, Venture Investments, Investment Backed Alliances (IBAs) & Joint Ventures (JVs). We are an active acquirer and investor with deep market and technology expertise and a team of ~50 professionals located across major geographies including the US, Europe, Israel, APAC and China. Over the last 25 years+, Cisco has acquired more than 220 companies and invested in hundreds more across different segments. We currently have an active venture portfolio of more than 120 companies around the world and Limited Partner positions in over 45 funds globally. With its long history and track record, the team at Cisco Corporate development has unparalleled experience and visibility across the high-tech industry.
You will be part of Corporate Development team in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) and assist the senior team in the region with market and project related research, financial modeling and preparation of business cases. You will report directly to the Head of Corporate Development for APJ based in Singapore while supporting other senior leaders on the team. This is a multi-dimensional role, that will require amongst other things strong financial modeling skills, a research-oriented mindset, an understanding of the tech industry landscape and the tech startup ecosystem and require you to understand Cisco’s growth strategy.
The overall work will include inorganic strategy planning, deal sourcing and execution and working with cross-functional teams during the process. Some of the specific activities will include:
- Source, screen, propose venture investment, partnerships, and M&A opportunities
- Work closely with Cisco Business Unit (BU) and APJ leadership to align inorganic growth strategy
- Drive detailed technology and market analyses of key sectors, and investment/deals landscape in APJ
- Develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses
- Design presentations for senior management related to investments and acquisitions
- Perform business, financial, accounting, customer due diligence
Other critical strengths for the role could be: (1) operational, strategy consulting, or deal experience within the technology market, (2) understanding of market disruptions and emerging technology trends, (3) strong communication and analytical skills, and (4) ability to operate successfully in an unstructured, team-oriented environment.
Who You'll Work With
The Corporate Development team in the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) region is responsible for venture investments, acquisitions and IBAs/JVs to both capture innovation from the region and to fuel the growth of Cisco across APJ. The team focuses on several growth verticals for each geography within APJ as well as key enterprise technology priority areas such as Collaboration, Cybersecurity, Data Center & Cloud, Analytics, Enterprise Networking, IOT, Silicon and 5G..
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have:
· A self-starter mindset with the ability to operate and influence in an unstructured, collaborative environment across multi-country teams
· ~ 2years at an investment bank, private equity/venture capital (PE/VC) or consulting experience in the tech sector
· Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial models
· Skills to assist in preparation of investment/acquisition cases for review by the senior management.
· Natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models, and industry trends
· Demonstrated personal initiative and excellent judgement
Why You'll Love Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.