Associate, Corporate Development 1319502
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You'll Do
Associates drive a variety of market and transaction-related analyses, working with managers and directors to build financial models, develop acquisition opportunities, source venture capital investments, and participate in corporate strategy.
Associates have exposure to a number of technologies within a team and have the opportunity to work on a range of projects.
- You will source, screen, and propose investment, partnerships, and M&A opportunities.
- You will work closely with Cisco Business Units to align strategy with partners and other key constituents.
- You will drive detailed technology and market analyses of key sectors.
- You will develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses.
- You will design presentations for senior management related to acquisitions and investments.
- You will perform business, financial, accounting, and customer due diligence
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Corporate Development team is responsible for driving Cisco's long-term growth strategy through venture capital investments and acquisitions. We aggressively source new opportunities, develop strategic perspectives on innovative market segments, execute on M&A transactions and actively manage VC investments. Cisco is looking to add extraordinary team members to grow its organization and support the company's continued growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 2+ years post-undergraduate work as an analyst at a top-tier investment bank, Private Equity/Venture Capital (PE/VC) firm with deal experience, consulting, or other financial services firm.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Proven ability to build structured quantitative analyses and financial models
- Demonstrated personal initiative and excellent judgment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to operate successfully in an unstructured, collaborative environment.
- Natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models, and industry trends.
- Ambitious and able to independently source and execute transactions.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.