Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who You Are
An Architect with day-to-day responsibility of working with Business, and Sr. Leadership to envision, define and design architectures and other Architects and Technical leads to further define assigned programs. To do this the Technical Lead Engineer should have required technical skills (including performance and scale), in-depth understanding of the industries technology and direction, and ability to learn and adapt to the needs of business. With this in mind, an understanding of the right skills, process understanding, and mindset is vital.
We are seeking high energy and qualified candidates who possess the following skills and experience:
- 15 + years of experience in working in complex software development applications which include build, test and deploy
- 5 + years of experience in working in designing frameworks/platforms/architectures
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Critical thinking and big picture understanding of how applications work
- Good Communication - verbal and written and ability to work with remote team
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives.
- Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Always should be ready to learn new technology, tools and process
What you’ll do:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences is a must.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team environment with a documented software development process; ideally, within an Agile methodology like Scrum.
- Ambitious and talented individual who enjoys hard problems
- Should have the thirst for learning new technology
- Angular 2.0 and above
- Node JS
- REST webservices
- Mongo DB
- Proven experience in Agile environments
- Cloud architectures
Good to have
- Experience with Atlassian products like Git, JIRA
Who you'll work with:
The CX IP Engineering RTP team seeks a highly motivated Architect to join some of the industry's brightest minds in development field using today's most advanced technologies. You will work cross functionally with the Customer Experience and IT organizations, playing a role in transforming Cisco by developing and implementing programs critical for Cisco Customers.
CX IP Engineering digital expertise makes us uniquely qualified to address the evolving expectations of today’s connected customers and partners, along with Cisco sellers. Using real-time connected data, machine learning, and automation; the team enables Cisco sellers and partners to deliver a powerful, personalized experience—throughout the entire customer lifecycle. CX IP Engineering is focused on providing customers with an immersive digital experience with Cisco. This in turn drives improvements in recurring revenue, cost savings and sales effectiveness for Cisco and its partners.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!