Architect, Customer Delivery (Java / J2EE / Networking)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
As an Architect you are required to the highest level of technical ability, innovation, and analytical skills.
- Help customers instrument, monitor, and debug their large multi-tiered sophisticated applications.
- Replicate customer environments and work to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed.
- Debug applications using various Java / J2EE ecosystem technologies, learn new stacks, technologies added in J2EE and implement applications using them.
- Provide technical support and work with customers to seek sophisticated issues with the product in their environment.
- Build Customer focused functionalities to complement the product coverage.
- Developing tools to help with troubleshooting and addressing product defects, fixing bugs and following up on fixes.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of exceptional technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help seek the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
This team primarily provides technical leadership to delivery teams in the region, which includes incubation of products & services. You will be collaborating with TAC delivery teams, product BUs, Advances Services, TS Product Management, Acquisition Integration, Sales and Service Readiness teams to drive scalability of products and solutions.
Who You Are
We need a teammate and natural innovator that can drive improved customer experiences with products, technologies, and solutions by demonstrating technical excellence, partnership, and ownership in all aspects. Focus should be on sophisticated, interdependent, highly open customer issues that have broad impact. Serve as a multi-functional technical advisor by utilizing depth and breadth of knowledge to drive customer success. Are you an active leader in this evolution?
- 10 + years of experience required
- Solid computer science fundamentals - algorithms/data structures/algorithm complexity analysis are crucial.
- Solid programming background in an object-oriented programming language is crucial.
- Excellent debugging skills for JVM performance-related issues. Including an understanding of the JVMs memory management, especially pertinent to garbage collection.
- Hardworking to learn new technologies and passionate about programming
- Must have a solid grasp on Unix/Linux including but not limited to commonly used commands, networking including solving network connectivity using tools like tcpdump/Wireshark, shell scripting (Bash, Korn, etc.) familiarity, file systems understanding, basic system performance commands, etc.
- Intermediate to sophisticated level familiarity with SQL and PL/SQL. Encouraged to understand explain plans - their purpose, and how to use those to tune queries, index management, etc. Any exposure to database internals, and tools for administration/backups/recovery etc. is a benefit.
- Exposure to or understanding of SSL/TLS and PKI
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSql - document oriented/columnar/key-value pair
- Other Technical Skills: App Server setup/troubleshooting - WebSphere/WebLogic, Tomcat/Jetty, etc, networking troubleshooting, SSL/TLS familiarity
- Able to determine problems and deliver new solutions with a high level of customer happiness and has the ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and provide mentorship to other members by determining methods and procedures on new assignments, mentoring more junior engineers and promoting/soliciting ideas within TL and CSE delivery teams.
At Cisco, each person brings their unusual talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.