Architect, AI Infrastructure
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Who We are
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions! With a large install base of customers and rich, multifaceted data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an Architect, AI Infrastructure to join our Strategy & Data Science team. We are a growing that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment of our business strategy. As part of this team, you will develop multi-functional relationships and work closely with data engineering and data science teams to drive near- and longer-term initiatives to improve our product, and customer experience. This would be a perfect fit for an experienced software specialist with system-level understanding and expert-level knowledge of end-to-end cloud solutions, has the ability to take charge of larger cloud computing initiatives, and can serve as a technical consultant within and across teams.
- Deliver simple and cost-effective ML/AI model building flows, maintaining quality and security at scale.
- Take ownership to build and lead cloud infrastructure for large scale data storage and processing tasks
- Lead the design and implementation of core systems of AI platform to enable better data-driven decision-making process for our customers and business partners
- Influence implementation strategies with better operational simplicity
- Collaborate with multiple teams to build data governance and compliance roadmap
- Lead the development effort to secure enterprise data and applications on cloud
- Mentor engineers within the organization
Who You Are
- 8 to 10 year Demonstrated ability in architecting software infrastructure, developing, and delivering software products/services with one or more core cloud provider services, preferably AWS
- Strong background of building and leading enterprise cloud platform with a focus on security, reliability, scalability and performance
- Confirmed understanding of SaaS and PaaS
- Proficiency in Big Data, Micro services, CI/CD, automation, containerization technologies, Kafka Streaming, Spark, GitHub, Jenkins, etc
- 2+ years of work experience building AI/ML stacks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, AWS Deep Learning AMIs or other popular frameworks
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Scala/Java, C++, etc
- Past work experience with DevOps tools and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related technical field or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience
- Demonstrate technical acumen in your work
- You are dedicated to maintaining good software practices
- You thrive in a dynamic environment
- Have a real passion for complex data/engineering challenges
- know how to keep track of multiple competing priorities without losing details
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Eager to take ownership of large technical initiatives
- Remain curious and desire continuous learning
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.