Apprentice Program - Glasgow
Location:Glasgow, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Job Title: Cross Functional Apprentice
Start Date: Between 25 October - 1 November 2021
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Our Cisco Apprenticeship is a great way to kick-start your career, gaining invaluable work experience whilst earning sought after IT industry qualifications from our Glasgow office.
During the 2-year Cisco IT Telecom Professional Modern & Technical Apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to experience different sides of our business -technical and otherwise- and join several teams on a rotation; you will get to work directly with our cutting-edge technology and support our industry-leading experts. By the end of the programme, you will have both the knowledge and experience to begin a flourishing career in addition to holding a Diploma in IT and Telecommunications at SCQF level 8.
At the end of the first 2 years, should you have been successful on program, you may be selected to extend your apprenticeship for a further 2 years, where you will be given the opportunity to complete a graduate apprenticeship, whilst continuing to grow your industry experience with us.
So, what is it like working for one of the world’s leading technology companies?
- Be at the heart of it all; watching technology happen from the inside
- Design, test, and deploy our technology, understand the engineering behind it and learn to troubleshoot
- Analyse and unpick data and understand how telemetry is informing our business.
- Manage projects that ensure we deliver for our customers, communicating with stakeholders and working towards deadlines
- Work in partnership with international brands to deliver solutions to their business problems
- Meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world, expanding your professional network by building contacts, working with the best and learning from experts
- Give back to local communities through fundraising, volunteering, and raising awareness of meaningful causes
- Build the foundations of a career with opportunities for progression
- To top it all off you’ll have a strong support system, including a network of current apprentices, mentors, managers, to guide and advise you.
What You’ll Do:
As an apprentice, you will get support and mentorship to understand how your passion and skills best fit within Cisco. Your Apprentice Manager will help you to pursue rotations that play to your strengths and interests and support you in developing the necessary skills to be successful.
You will get to know Cisco; what we do and how we do it. You’ll complete an induction bootcamp including a business orientation; giving you the foundation to build your exciting career with us. The year will include:
- Our Fresher’s Fair, connecting you to many apprentice-led societies, a chance to start building friendships within the Apprentice Programme.
- Core (and optional) modules of learning as part of your modern apprenticeship.
- Rotations across our business units that will offer you exposure and entry-level responsibilities.
- The creation of a portfolio of work that demonstrates the responsibilities of your current roles and the skills you are developing
We’ll help you to specialise, focusing on Technology, Sales, or Business opportunities helping you discover your ideal career with Cisco. The second year will include:
- Longer rotations across a department where you will take ownership of projects.
- Successful completion of your apprenticeship and qualifications
- Qualifications matter, but a passion for technology and the desire to learn are even more important.
- You should have or be studying towards achieving at least 3 Highers (including English and a Science subject at C grade or above).
- You must be able to work from our Glasgow office, although there will be some opportunity for remote flexible working.
- Must be able to legally live and work in UK, without future Cisco visa support or sponsorship (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
- Your resume should demonstrate who you are and showcase your strengths so that we can bring your abilities to life at Cisco and help you find your ideal career path. Highlight any relevant extracurricular activities or interests you have in the Technology industry.
- One Cisco hosted Open Evening will be held on 28 July from 4pm - 5.30pm (This is a chance for you to learn more about us, and meet our existing apprentices)
- A 30-minute Telephone Interview with Cisco will be held w/c 2 August
- One half day Assessment Centre will be held on 18 August
- Role to begin: Between 25 October and 1 November 2021
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company.
We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.