AppDynamics - Vice President of Global Channels & Alliances
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Vice President of Global Channels & Alliances - AppDynamics
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 10000.
About the Role
The Vice President of Global Channels & Alliances will be responsible for the development, execution, and expansion of AppDynamics worldwide partner sales strategy by building broad and deep alliances with key international System Integrators, Service Providers and Specialized Partners. The role is also responsible for establishing Cisco selling programs with the largest Cisco channel and sales teams. The VP of Global Channels & Alliances and their team will be responsible for directly targeting new and existing partners, building a shared vision and partner plan with the AppD Sales Team, and driving standards adoption leading to joint engagement in the field. AppDynamics is one of the fastest growing business entities in the world, so it is important that each team member in our organization is dynamic, can pivot, and has the capability to wear multiple hats if needed. A successful candidate is deeply sales oriented, with a broad understanding of the partner community and the ability to influence at all levels. This is an opportunity to lead an established channel team, build a new Cisco channel motion from the and have a significant impact on the overall business of AppDynamics increasing our sales lift and productivity. As AppDynamics continues to move up-market working with larger customers and partnering with our parent company Cisco, this role will need to expand geographic sales coverage and further expand our partnership strategy with a more significant revenue-generating focus. This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer/Chief Customer Officer.
- Captain the overall worldwide sales and strategy plan for business expansion through strategic alliance partners including all associated programs, operations, marketing, enablement and playbooks.
- Run channel and direct sales with Cisco to efficiently leverage broader Cisco selling opportunities
- Ownership of AppD’s full Indirect Go-To-Market including Value Added Resellers, AWS and Global Service Providers.
- Responsible for leading, hiring, and growing the Channels & Alliances team globally.
- Collaborate with the Channel Sales Leadership team to build a software channel sales motion from the ground up.
- Identify and target key strategic partners across all regions to build new services and GTM bundles that secure AppD as a core component of partner cloud offerings
- Drive alignment and visibility with AppD Sales Team and Cisco Partner Organization to expand and support partner opportunities
- Experienced builder of inspired teams that drive demonstrable growth in complex business environments through a focus on developing and communicating the plan, addressing issues that hinder performance, and implementing best practice.
- Talented communicator able to foster strong relationships, inspire others, and effectively negotiate high stakes scenarios.
- You have 10 years of experience with a proven track record as a senior Sales Executive within the Software/Cloud Infrastructure Landscape orchestrating partner alliances at the C-Level.
- Intimate understanding of partner business models and priorities.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, self-starter, who understands the psychology of sales & the sales process. Capable of handling tactical items while never losing sight of longer term strategic goals.
- Data driven decision maker adept at modeling financial justification of investments, deal and post deal metrics.
- Self-motivated to drive excellence with high integrity
- 50% travel required