AppDynamics Value Engineering Leader – Channel/Partner COE
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationGlobal. London, UK.
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
AppDynamics Value Engineering Leader – Channel/Partner COE
*Individual can be located in London, UK or in the US*
Why you’ll love AppDynamics:
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds.
Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
About the Role:
AppDynamics is looking for a strong Leader to head our Global Value Practice responsible for the Channel/Partner segment of the business and value engineering best practices and tools. This leader will be responsible for guiding the roadmap development of next-generation offers and technologies that are in alignment with Cisco's priorities, business opportunities, and the shifting solution/consumption requirements of our customers. He/she will be expected to develop a pre-sales engineering team and scale best practices that are aligned to the VMO roadmap.
Act as a Presales Leader within the Sales Value Management Office and across the larger AppDynamics organization, constantly looking for ways to expand on our success. Build teams that can execute today and grow to meet our future needs. Define and maintain a high bar for expectations and support the team in achieving it. Challenge the team and yourself to continually grow. Drive the needs of Channel, Partners and the Value Practice within AppDynamics Strategy Product and Engineering. Serve as a central hub for the VMO best practices and tools. Use your internal network and the PreSales leadership team identify and scale global trends and methodologies from around the world to drive growth. Day to day, this role should be out with the team in front of customers as much as possible, helping guide and contribute to our substantial growth in the region. Travel will be roughly 50 - 70 percent.
Who You'll Work With:
This is a highly visible role, both internally and externally, that requires a collaborative leader who is comfortable working in a matrixed environment and can drive alignment between Channels & Partners, Strategy & Product Management, and Global Sales & PreSales. You will be expected to have a point-of-view, derived from the voice of the customer, market insights, and competitive threats, that will help shape our GTM strategies, the skills we will need to win, and evolution of our technical roadmaps. Offer solutions that integrate products, services, and software and focus on different routes to market.
• 3-5 years minimum direct people management experience
• 3-5 years minimum experience working or selling in the Software solution space
• Experience leading or implementing global best practices and tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Channel & Partner industry, services and sales motions
• Proven success in recruiting, developing and leading high performing value engineering or management consultation teams
• Proven leader who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond his/her functional expertise
• Ability to leverage business experience to deliver Enterprise business and financial models and strategic roadmaps for the customer
• Experience and effectiveness in presenting to an executive level audience
• Technical understanding of common Application performance management technologies and techniques
• Experience leading in a complex, high growth environment
• Possess the intellect and executive presence to become a true business partner across functions
• Recognized as a top performer throughout the industry, seen as a strategic business leader in technology
• A strong foundation in application architecture, operations, Agile DevOps, Cloud, Container, Operations Monitoring, Service Management, and SDLC concepts and methodologies
• Proven excellence in execution at a regional level across recruiting, retention and revenue
• Multiple examples of implementing widespread changes to improve organizational execution
• Proven collaboration with key stakeholders outside Sales through cross-functional initiatives
• “A-player” with strong work ethic that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with cross-functional internal teams
• Team player but with the ability to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
• Clear communicator with a good ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner in both writing and orally
• Ability to manage and respond to requests quickly, and juggle multiple deals at one time
• Comfortable with and excited about our technology, and technology in general
• Excellent business judgment and experience balancing legal risk and business needs
• Grace under pressure
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered application performance monitoring solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission critical and strategic decisions that drive business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we were planning to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a critical role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.