AppDynamics Technical Presales Solution Architect – UK & North Regions
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
AppDynamics Technical Presales Solution Architect – EMEAR North
Lead a business and be a technical subject matter authority as a Cisco AppDynamics Presales Solution Architect! Thrive in a fast-paced, creative and revenue performing environment. Love uncovering patterns, use data to substantiate decisions and energize teams. Goal yourself and others on the success of the team and impact. Genuine curiosity, MEDDIC, leading indicators, champion building, Full Stack Observability, Application Performance Management (APM), Business Analytics, Machine Learning (ML), and Algorithmic Intelligence are second nature to you.
Surround yourself with a diverse and inclusive environment where colleagues think and act strategically with vitality and precision, all with autonomy. You have an appetite for collaboration, openness, and fun in an encouraging and continuously learning and dynamic environment.
Sounds good? Read on!
We don't care whether we sit down or stand up, are quiet or loud, enjoy Polka or Hard Rock. We are aloof to tattoos, piercings, colorful hair and/or remarkable garments - we are changing the world with our passion for technology.
About the Role
· Demonstrate thought leadership and drive architecture transformation of prospects and customers by understanding their business and provide strategic technical support to our Sales Engineering and Sales teams.
· Thoroughly understand our products, features, and benefits while being able to communicate to all levels of customers - from practitioner to C-Suite, and fluently converse about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
· Partner closely to architect our technology to tackle customer's pain and desired business outcomes, deliver aligned product and roadmap presentations, and ensure customer success by providing resources to assist the customer in realizing the value of their technology investment.
· Interact with all staff, both internal and customer
· Lead technical discussions and engage with executives to drive measurably successful outcomes
· Stay abreast of the latest trends and better practices in the enterprise software sector to speak with customers authoritatively and with swagger
· Provide innovator leadership, consultative guidance and value realization of customer goals using AppDynamics product portfolio
· De-risk opportunities by evaluating the as is and to be architecture coupled with best practice recommendations
· Drive solution adoption in the customer production system through encouraging awareness, communication planning, execution, education, measurement of rollout adoption through use of value realization resources.
We See Success With:
· A self-starter, able to categorize and prioritize the right tasks working with our internal ecosystem continuously growing knowledge.
· A trusted advisor to customers, utilizing best practices to consistently make prescriptive recommendations aligned to the business goals, and, similarly, be the go-to person for active and prospective engagements.
· A mentor and role model sought out by peers, known for accurate and timely information and assistance without compromising results.
· An ambassador for Cisco AppDynamics' solutions, authentically communicating with confidence and accuracy in social media, on stage and in the press.
· A role model protecting Cisco AppDynamics' interests and assets as their own.
· A leader that builds and shares experiences, knowledge, and resources with peers in a dynamic team environment.
We Believe These Proficiencies Are Critical
· Exhibit proven communication, listening, influencing and objection handling skills
· Are a goal-oriented, engaging facilitator of sophisticated workshops and meetings
· Showcase confirmed deep knowledge of Cisco AppDynamics' technology and delivery methodology
We Desire This Experience
· 5+ years APM and enterprise monitoring experience
· 5+ years cloud computing and container experience
· 3+ years AppDynamics experience
· 3+ years complex technical project management or technical team leadership
· Articulate in virtualization, kubernetes, dynamic languages, DevOps, security
· Knowledge of OpenTelemetry, RASP, End User Experience Monitoring, Service Costing and Optimization, Business Service Monitoring a plus
We know that the award-winning culture at Cisco AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
· We believe in competitive compensation for work, along with participation in the Cisco Employee Stock Purchase Program.
· We offer a generous time off policy with paid sick days along with an extra day as our birthday gift. We also offer up to 4 weeks of emergency time off.
· We support volunteering activities by offering additional paid time off (up to 5 days a year) and match donations.
· We provide opportunities to broaden horizons by attending popular conferences, team outing events, subscriptions to popular training platforms and an exceptional catalog of internal self-paced learning.
· Family and a work/life balance is key; therefore, our leaders believe in flexible work from home, baby gifts, maternity & paternity support, employee, and family assistance, along with expert medical resources.
Why Love AppDynamics
We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone. The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. We are the creators of the Full Stack Observability Platform that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. Our unique solution covers entire application ecosystems, including private and public clouds, and allows for the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of a digital estate. Our customers align IT, DevOps, Security and the Business around the information that helps protect their bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
Why AppDynamics + Cisco
The day before going public Cisco acquired AppDynamics for US$3.7B. At 2.4 times the IPO value, this was a strategic acquisition for Cisco. We serve a critical role in driving Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being part of the Cisco family allows us to strive for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots?
That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!