AppDynamics Support Engineering Team Manager, Krakow
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence
What You’ll Do
As Support Engineering Team Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers, measuring results (team workload management, team training, and development, overall team customer service metrics); handle critical customer issues, drive them to resolution; and assume ownership of the total customer support experience.
You will also present standard methodologies to customers, understand and contribute to satisfying their use cases, identifying solutions to address those use cases, knowing when to bring up to the next level when no solutions can be found, and we need product fixes or enhancements. The talent to think fast on your feet, come up with answers that help address product limitations, and staying calm in a very demanding environment, is vital for success in this role.
- Provide line management for your team consisting of SME (Subject Matter Experts).
- Build the Support Engineering team in Krakow by identifying potential team members, evangelizing the role, the team, and AppD within Cisco, and also within Krakow generally.
- Mentor team members to develop technical and non-technical skills and facilitate junior members of the team to develop action plans to resolve more complex technical issues.
- Build positive strong relationships and engage with Customer Success, Professional Services, Sales, Premium Support, Product Engineering, and Product Management teams as needed to ensure an optimal AppD experience.
- Lead customer critical issues and account team expectations around support when needed and build remote cross-functional teams to achieve customer happiness.
- Drive continuous improvement and lessons learned process that prevents further blocking issues.
- Generates weekly reports to show the performance of team and identify gaps in coverage and response.
- Become familiar with account background, key partners, and their expectations of AppD. Ensure timely responses & communications to provide a high degree of customer satisfaction and confidence in AppDynamics.
- Responsible for coordinating, crafting and delivering RCA documents for customers.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a standout technical team that care about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and optimally improve their return on investment. We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
- Knowledge of the Distributed Architecture and Cloud-based applications
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in Support leadership, Escalation management, and or customer-facing support technical roles/account management
- Experience and familiarity with AppDynamics or other APM tools is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to multitask, working effectively with real-time deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to write customer-facing updates and root cause documents.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the Global Support organization.
- Experience in forming effective relationships and running virtual cross-functional teams.
- Validated ability to work effectively with executive/senior management, cross-functional teams, internal customers, external partners, vendors, and end-users outside their direct influence.
- Project/Program management a plus.
- Related BA/BS or advanced degree preferred.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours when situations need and able to travel to other locations and customer sites on occasion.
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into mission-critical applications and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to shown success and trust with the Global 2000.