AppDynamics Solution Architect
Location:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to shown success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
You have the desire to intimately understand the customer business needs, you know the right questions to ask in a pre-sales setting to gain enough understanding of the landscape to formulate a compelling technology solution. You are able to passionately convey the value of the solutions you design, You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized.
You will exemplify these traits
- Curious – Have desire to truly and intimately understand our customer's business problems
- Creative – In finding a balanced path to yes
- Partnership – To both the customer and to our colleagues outside of services organization
- Technology First Mindset – We sell software for technologists and we speak their language
Empathetic – Connect at a human level with our customers and be able to walk in their shoes
Key responsibilities (What Do You Do?)
- In a pre-sales setting, you will ask the right questions to get to the core customer business needs and to acquire enough technical and organizational information to be able to confidently formulate a compelling technology solution.
- You will work with the client and other AppDynamics Subject Matter Experts as required to generate an actionable technical design which will inform the project plan.
- Develops significant relationships with key stakeholders within the customer team’s executive leadership as well as AppDynamic’s teams (sales, pre-sales, project management, consulting, etc).
- You will be responsible to scope a project, including providing effort estimates, risk assessments, content for the technical portions of services proposals and Statements of Work.
- You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized and you will work hand-in-hand with the project manager to supervise the progress of the project against its technical design.
- You can concisely convey and evangelize the business value of the combined product and services solution.
- In order to be able to effectively express technology authority in a project setting, you will need to maintain implementation level proficiency and the ability to implement any AppDynamics product independently.
- Synthesizes learning and trends observed in the field into repeatable technology best practices in collaboration with other AppDynamics functions.
- Mentor other service’s team members on various technology aspects to promote a culture of technology excellence at all levels.
- Develop collaboration with our product, support and engineering teams and provide feedback from the field on features and functionality
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
- Masters in Computer Science, or similar technical field
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience, or 5+ years on AppDynamics products
- Previous experience as technical or pre-sales Consultant for an enterprise software company or for a recognized consultancy firm
- Experienced level understanding of the application performance management space with hands on experience on AppDynamics or challenging product
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels and gain a ‘Trusted Advisor’ status with key stakeholders
- Embraces a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Optimal facilitates workshops and meetings (design thinking experience is a plus)
- Specialist, hand-on level experience (2+ years) in at least three of the following technical disciplines
- SDLC practices including Agile practices, DevOps and CI/CD strategies
- IT Operations (NOC or similar)
- Performance Engineering/Testing
- Virtualization and/or Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Application Performance Management
- Application Development
- Enterprise Operating Systems
- Database Technologies
- Enterprise Servers and Network Technologies
- Java ( to include J2EE) Stack Technology Proficiency and Awareness
- .Net Technology Proficiency and Awareness
- ITIL, TOGAF certifications a plus
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
- Ability to travel
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.