AppDynamics Services Sales Manager
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Service Sales Manager - AppDynamics
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
As a Services Sales Manager you help our customers unlock the value from AppDynamics through AppDynamics Customer Experience (CX) offerings. To do that, you establish and maintain strong relationships with our existing customers. The Services Sales Manager partners and collaborates with the software sales team, to identify, position and win Services opportunities. You drive a services sales cycle to a successful close in concert with the sales, legal and operations teams as well as technical and project management subject matter experts in services.
You will exemplify these traits
Key responsibilities (What Do You Do?)
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
● Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field or in business disciplines
● 5+ years of services delivery experience (as a project manager, consultant or architect)
● 2+ years of services sales experience (customer facing proposals, estimates, Statements of Work or similar) as part of an enterprise software company
● Familiarity with services sales concept (T&M, Fixed fee, milestones, acceptance, NTE, scope, forcasting etc) and experience in navigating a negotiation and handling objections elegantly and with a desire to find a mutually acceptable solution
● Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
● Ability to get to the core of the business problem at hand and develop a creative, elegant “path to yes” solution
● Consulting background and ability to persuade with a prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence.
● Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
● Ability to travel
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!