AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analysing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing world class pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management and AppDynamics. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize AppDynamics' industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating AppDynamics' ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer's production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers' success.
To be a successful Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you need to have experience as a sales engineer or in a customer-facing role and be passionate about technical sales and working with customers. You are ambitious, self-motivated, and ideally have experience with application performance management technologies and techniques and Cloud & Big Data technologies.
Other qualifications we are looking for include:
• 1-3 years experience working with IaaS and PaaS offerings in one or more of the following cloud service providers: Azure, AWS, GCP.
• Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. You must love being in front of the customer!
• Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
• Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
• Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
• Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
• Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
• Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today's application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
• Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently.
Desired Experience & Skills:
• Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques.
• Expereince in a pre-sales role, either full time or part-time, or experience with negotiations, contract management, writing Statements of Work, responding to RFI/P/Q/T, running proof of concepts or running demos.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
• Conceptual knowledge of OpenTelemetry and, more broadly, Observability.
• Experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as ASP.NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
• Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today's software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform is able to dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens in real time, in production, with cloud or on premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It's more than monitoring-it's true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com