AppDynamics Senior Sales Engineer- Boston Region
Location:Offsite, Boston, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
#WeAreCisco and we’re so happy you’re thinking of joining us. Follow us in social @WeAreCisco to learn more about what employees say about why we love where we work or check Cisco out on Glassdoor for the latest reviews.
Your challenge (should you choose to accept it):
As part of the AppDynamics team you’ll enable our customers to focus on building features rather than troubleshooting issues. Every day, we help our customers proactively prevent application issues and slowdowns and expedite the root cause analysis of those issues. We make the war room a thing of the past by mapping applications end-to-end, in real-time, from the user's end device, all the way to backend applications and databases.
As a Sales Engineer you’ll be a trusted advisor who partners with our Field Sales Team to provide unparalleled support to our customers, ensuring they understand the full power of the AppDynamics platform. Everything from demoing the platform to ensuring a successful hand-off to our Professional Services and Customer Success teams after the sale, are all in a day’s work for you.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be a technical consultant who thrives in finding and solving our customer’s real-world, production issues. You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who will work closely with our Sales Teams to strategize which accounts to target, generate compelling pipeline generation messages, and customize demonstrations that are relevant to those customers. Looking to grow? We’ll help there, too! Successful Sales Engineers have gone on to leadership roles and beyond.
It’s important for us to say that sometimes a candidate may have that “X” factor. If you think you have potential for this role, go ahead, apply! We keep your application on file, so even if this isn’t the role for you, we look at our database first for new roles that open up.
The impact you’ll have includes:
- Your first meeting of the day could be a deep technical conversation with an architect/engineer followed by a high-level discussion with a CIO that lets your passion for technology shine.
- Aligning our customers with the best solutions based on their unique environments and how we’ll support them.
- Empathetic listener – we are only as good as the customer champions we build.
- Ability to define your own career path – from technical and managerial to even a different domain within Cisco. The sky’s the limit for the right individual.
The experience you’ll need to succeed:
- Bring your passion for technology and presenting!
- Every Sales Engineer at AppDynamics has a specialized focus which may include any of the following:
- Expertise in the following areas: OS command lines including Unix, Linux, Window command prompts as well as Unix, Linux, Windows shell scripting.
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with application performance management technology and techniques, along with Cloud and Big Data technologies.
- Skilled in Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series.
As a team, we believe Sales Engineers are entrepreneurs that own their destiny with full autonomy. We are collaborative partners with our sales team, and all are dedicated to achieving results. Our manager realizes sales can be stressful and may not have traditional working hours, but so long as everyone is in sync, we are able to choose how to best do our job and when those hours might be.
"My role allows me to build relationships with bright-minded customers from new startups to leading fortune 500 companies.” -Stefanija Puaca, Sales Engineering Manager
"I joined because it was a Silicon Valley rocket ship and I wanted a challenge. Five years later I’m still here because it’s rare that you continually get to work and grow alongside the best in both technology and business." - Scott Young, Sales Engineering Manager.
Why Cisco? .:|:.:|:.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals who need help during the application process are provided reasonable accommodation to participate, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation